Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81WA8i8Jd9L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
A GOOD one, Ricko and most fortunately it likewise 'graces' my burgeoning MQA collection!

BTW, all those Original Album series collections were about $10 each from jpc.de with minimal s/h charges and all are SUPERBLY remastered!
Ralphie
I have quite a few of the Original Album series collection and concur with you - excellent mastering ! I did miss the $10 JPC bus though. Drats
Would have liked to have gotten onboard for that sale

Michael Franks ORIGINAL ALBUM SERIES [Warner/Rhino/5 RBCDs in slipcase] Downright INTOXICATING!

R.22c9d900c24a2fdcef7a3d62eaa3fe1f
I think I first read about Franks in CD Review magazine long ago. I believe they had done a review of the first album when it went to CD. Got that one and then some of the later albums that aren’t in this box. Haven’t listened in ages, but they were always enjoyable.

I think I first read about Franks in CD Review magazine long ago. I believe they had done a review of the first album when it went to CD. Got that one and then some of the later albums that aren’t in this box. Haven’t listened in ages, but they were always enjoyable.
Talk about a very promising artist who has literally disappeared from the music scene. Those five albums in the series are extremerly well mastered by RHINO and as I stated above ....$2 each from jpc.de!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a very promising artist who has literally disappeared from the music scene. Those five albums in the series are extremerly well mastered by RHINO and as I stated above ....$2 each from jpc.de!!!!!!!!!
He does sort of seem non-existent. Got curious and looked him up. He’s on a short tour this summer, but unfortunately nowhere near where I’m at.

I’m going to have to pull out Blue Pacific and The Camera Never Lies... two of my faves.

He does sort of seem non-existent. Got curious and looked him up. He’s on a short tour this summer, but unfortunately nowhere near where I’m at.

I’m going to have to pull out Blue Pacific and The Camera Never Lies... two of my faves.
And Michael Franks did release 16 albums in total [not counting GH compilations] so I have some catching up to do.

There was an Ike & Tina album on 2 Q8. I hadn't bought or heard them, however. Per Mark Anderson:

Live at Carnegie Hall (Complete). United Artist [2 TAPE]
UA-DA1870-P (Q8)
Live at Carnegie Hall Vol. 1. United Artist UA-DA1871-H (Q8)
Live at Carnegie Hall Vol. 2. United Artist UA-DA1872-H (Q8)
Would be great if Dutton could get ahold of those master tapes now under the UMG banner! Thanks for posting, QL and have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Back