Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming [Classical edition]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my cup of tea but interesting to see BMOP on Pentatone (new?) and on Apple Music in spatial audio
Wow--that is interesting. A new partnership? A shared imprint? I love Corigliano's Circus Maximus on Naxos--both the music and the mix, which is demo-quality--and Anthony Ross Costanzo was amazing in the Met's pre-pandemic production of Philip Glass's Akhnaten. The preview tracks of this new opera don't do much for me, either, but I'll try to keep my ears open.

https://www.pentatonemusic.com/world-premiere-recording-of-coriglianos-the-lord-of-cries/

Last edited:
The latest "Five Classical Albums You Can Listen to Right Now" feature in the Times includes three titles with Atmos mixes (although the third isn't labeled Atmos because the final track on the album is a binaural mix). I'd say that the mixes are...of varying degrees of interest. The music's all good, though!

Last edited:
My knowledge of classical music is quite limited… essentially those featured in a Looney Tunes episode or on TV commercials.

I am looking for recommendations for Atmos albums or tracks of well known classical “hits”.

For example, I am curious if there is a good Atmos mix (by good, I mean fairly discrete) of The Nutcracker.

So far, the best Atmos mix on a classical album (with pieces of music I recognize) is:

My knowledge of classical music is quite limited… essentially those featured in a Looney Tunes episode or on TV commercials.
I have two Carl Stalling Project CDs in my library with music from the Warner Bros. cartoons.

It really is fantastic music.

Not technically listening to these at the moment, but on the list for the upcoming work week:

Good recommendations! Playing the first album now. Nice immersive mix!

I love immersive classical mixes and I’m disappointed that so many “surround” classical recordings really aren’t.

I am looking for recommendations for Atmos albums or tracks of well known classical “hits”.

For example, I am curious if there is a good Atmos mix (by good, I mean fairly discrete) of The Nutcracker.

So far, the best Atmos mix on a classical album (with pieces of music I recognize) is:
Yes, A good mix but mediocre performances.

If a moderator feels that this post is not “on-topic” enough, I will understand if you move or delete it. I’m only posting this here because I assume that some of you will enjoy these.

These aren’t Atmos mixes, (YouTube only supports 5.1), but they are very discrete mixes, …well 26/27 are.
This Classical Music Playlist includes Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Wagner, Grieg, Pachabel, Debussy, Holst, Elgar, Handel, Bizet, & a few more.

These were all mixed (by me) from lossless multi-tracks/stems.

Listening to the first one now. Not sure it’s going to wow anyone with awesome Atmos-ness, but it’s there.

The Beethoven/Stravinsky album is nice in Atmos. I was kind of listening in the background today, but by the Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 8, it had caught my attention.

Reactions: mkt
Back