Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else notice this?? No songs available yet but it should be good… On Apple

Attachments

• 891A75CA-AE94-4592-A76E-F7E33BC7C2B7.jpeg
    891A75CA-AE94-4592-A76E-F7E33BC7C2B7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Anyone else notice this?? No songs available yet but it should be good… On Apple

I hate the way Apple lists albums as Dolby Atmos Lossless. It implies Atmos is lossless on their service. Its not of course, it’s in either ‘Dolby Atmos’ or ‘Lossless’. There will be many subscribers thinking Apple Atmos music is lossless.

I hate the way Apple lists albums as Dolby Atmos Lossless. It implies Atmos is lossless on their service. Its not of course, it’s in either ‘Dolby Atmos’ or ‘Lossless’. There will be many subscribers thinking Apple Atmos music is lossless.
There is dot dividing the "Dolby Atmos" and the "Lossless", showing them as two separate things. "Lossless" only applies to stereo tracks on Apple Music.

Someday, they will figure out how to deliver the Atmos losslessly. Apple has already shown a commitment to hi-res and lossless music delivery, and applying that to the Atmos streams is a logical next step.

See this thread, which the mods split off:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...um-albums-1972-1975-streaming-in-atmos.33160/(Great to have links for the individual albums, though--and in this thread!)
I eventually did see the other thread, after posting here. But (and as you pointed out, humprof) I think these links need to be in this thread anyway, to make sure more people are aware of these treasures being available.

Note to mods: not sure what is technically possible, but when a thread is split off, it would be really helpful if there was some indication of that in the original thread, otherwise people might well not find the new thread on their own, and miss out on some content. Based on the number of "reactions" my post received, it seems that was the first indication to many that these Joni albums were out in Atmos on Apple. I imagine that other QQ participants are like me in that we follow particular threads and don't regularly scan all new content across the whole forum. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

I am of the opinion that if it were possible, it would have happened by now.

Based on your opinion we’d not see any future Surround releases from any past album, because “if it were possible it would have already happened”. :)

Stay positive. Anything is possible when it comes to surround releases!

Note to mods: not sure what is technically possible, but when a thread is split off, it would be really helpful if there was some indication of that in the original thread, otherwise people might well not find the new thread on their own, and miss out on some content. Based on the number of "reactions" my post received, it seems that was the first indication to many that these Joni albums were out in Atmos on Apple. I imagine that other QQ participants are like me in that we follow particular threads and don't regularly scan all new content across the whole forum. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Had we left the original discussion here, I'm sure there would eventually have been complaints that the relevant info is buried in this giant thread and should be split out. It's a bit of a no-win scenario.

Had we left the original discussion here, I'm sure there would eventually have been complaints that the relevant info is buried in this giant thread and should be split out. It's a bit of a no-win scenario.
I never objected to the discussion being split out, but you could have added a post here at that point, with a link to the new thread...

Back