Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the house to myself this morning, so it’s time to try the new Metallica album at an “I’m the only one in the house” sound level.

I only owned And Justice For All and Master of Puppets when they came out and other than the songs from the Black album that were all over the place, I haven’t listened to them much.

So far, I’m enjoying it. It’s pretty relentless. May have to throw on a Windham Hill album afterward to balance things out.

As for the Atmos mix, by the time I hit Sleepwalk My Life Away, I paused it and went to my Surround playlist to try a song just to confirm my speakers were OK. I guess I was expecting more with a Metallica Atmos mix.

I too wish the Atmos mix was more creative and adventurous but I will gladly take this version over the CD version which has very poor dynamic range.

What is your question?
It is my personal opinion that Red Rose Speedway in ATMOS will never get released as a physical disc or digital download for purchase.
I have nothing else to offer.
How do you just know? And never?

Those seem like pretty absolute positions for an opinion, it sounded more like a statement of fact, hence my question.

How do you just know? And never?

Those seem like pretty absolute positions for an opinion, it sounded more like a statement of fact, hence my question.

He should have said 99% no chance of physical release/digital download. And if it was released physically, it would be buried in a $300+ box set or cost $100+ for the Blu-ray disc only with a super fancy collectors/deluxe edition moniker. Let's carry on!

I was so underwhelmed when I first listened to this a couple of months ago, that I never tried it again. This morning I woke up with an urge to listen to Private Investigations, and I'm very surprised at the mix and at myself - it's actually adventurous and interesting with lots of stuff happening in the rears. Fidelity sounds better this morning too. Not sure what I was hearing the last time around...

Currently streaming Eno’s Forever Voiceless Edition of FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE.

I wish that had been included with the SDE release.

sadly, I didn't see any mention of Atmos 🧐

OMG, did you see the pic of "The Central Brain Room" 🤯

and glad to see they're keeping meticulous records :ROFLMAO:

1682536029726.png

sadly, I didn't see any mention of Atmos 🧐

OMG, did you see the pic of "The Central Brain Room" 🤯

and glad to see they're keeping meticulous records :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 90957

They're still recording, and sounds like they're having a good time, so I'm very excited about this. And since he already mentioned it, and the way things are now with atmos releases, I have no doubt it's coming. Now, if we can get the entire back catalogue, that would be amazing.

I was so underwhelmed when I first listened to this a couple of months ago, that I never tried it again. This morning I woke up with an urge to listen to Private Investigations, and I'm very surprised at the mix and at myself - it's actually adventurous and interesting with lots of stuff happening in the rears. Fidelity sounds better this morning too. Not sure what I was hearing the last time around...
I just wish they'd do Brothers In Arms in Atmos. Well, the whole catalog, actually! ;-)

Back