Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god! One of my dream surround releases!
Just one track up for me now, but the release date is the 21st so it may be available to some. The one track sounds great
Oh wow! This is one of my all time favorite pieces of music, hoping the atmos mix is good! Currently we have that great valley state university performance of it in 5.1 on sacd, but unfortunately the mix is purely ambient. This piece really always seemed like it would be perfect for surround, so I'm hoping they do it justice!

Oh wow! This is one of my all time favorite pieces of music, hoping the atmos mix is good! Currently we have that great valley state university performance of it in 5.1 on sacd, but unfortunately the mix is purely ambient. This piece really always seemed like it would be perfect for surround, so I'm hoping they do it justice!
I think it's pretty immersive--more so than the GVSU ensemble version--though I'm not convinced it's not 5.1 in an Atmos "wrapper." (If it is, I don't mind.) You can order an SACD from Currie's website or from the usual online retailers:
https://shop.colincurrie.com/

I listened to a bit of Brian Enos - ForeverAndEverNoMore tonight thinking about buying the disc. The atmos mix is good enough but this again reminded me I have the 5.1 version on the drive and I don't listen to it, not really my cup of tea. Think I save my money this time.

Last edited:
Oh my god! One of my dream surround releases!
Just one track up for me now, but the release date is the 21st so it may be available to some. The one track sounds great
This one is a trip! Listening now and the music is putting me in a trance. Great use of the whole surround field too. Recommended listening if you like this kind of music.

Last edited:
This one is a trip! Listening now and the music is putting me in a trance. Great use of the Whole surround too. Recommended listening if you like this kind of music.
First listen last night....not a good idea.
Had to unscramble me marbles before hitting the sack!! :D

Soooo much going on!! Fabulous 👌

Have the house to myself this morning, so it’s time to try the new Metallica album at an “I’m the only one in the house” sound level.

I only owned And Justice For All and Master of Puppets when they came out and other than the songs from the Black album that were all over the place, I haven’t listened to them much.

So far, I’m enjoying it. It’s pretty relentless. May have to throw on a Windham Hill album afterward to balance things out.

As for the Atmos mix, by the time I hit Sleepwalk My Life Away, I paused it and went to my Surround playlist to try a song just to confirm my speakers were OK. I guess I was expecting more with a Metallica Atmos mix.

This is awesome. The mix is great.
I’m glad I saw this. It is a great mix. They did a good job spreading out the densely layered music. I heard several things that I’ve never heard before, like there’s a bass clarinet on My Love?!?! Yep, I went back to an old CD, and it’s barely audible but I’d never noticed it the thousands of other times... The whole album sounds better. Great job.

Back