Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer to add to my library from the original album rather than some random movie soundtrack. So I looked around...

https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-a-wonderful-world/1440787250?i=1440787254
Is the whole album in Atmos then?

Is anyone else who frequents the Apple Music Spatial Audio page praying for new Dance releases so that the Happy Machine cover will go away? It seriously freaks me out.
Which one, this one? :) :whistle:

Told you I'd have questions....dammit. So, Apple TV all hooked up (I think).....after setting it up, I went to Best Buy and downloaded the freebie 6 month deal. Went back to Apple TV, logged in......it acts like it doesn't know about my free 6 months. I thought someone said it would walk me through all that stuff, but I don't recall it asking me about a 6 month deal from BB. How do I make it understand I have a 6 month trial already?

So, being the dope I am, I went ahead and logged in with my apple ID, went to Elton's stuff in atmos, it then asked for my password again (ugh), then it said "buy" I'm like, buy what????

Told you I'd have questions....dammit. So, Apple TV all hooked up (I think).....after setting it up, I went to Best Buy and downloaded the freebie 6 month deal. Went back to Apple TV, logged in......it acts like it doesn't know about my free 6 months. I thought someone said it would walk me through all that stuff, but I don't recall it asking me about a 6 month deal from BB. How do I make it understand I have a 6 month trial already?

So, being the dope I am, I went ahead and logged in with my apple ID, went to Elton's stuff in atmos, it then asked for my password again (ugh), then it said "buy" I'm like, buy what????
I believe the 6 month thing is a code, akin to an iTunes Gift Card, and can be punched in as such on your phone (App Store> Profile Pic in the top right corner > Redeem Gift Card or Code), but I might be wrong

Did you receive an email from Best Buy with a unique code and instructions to activate the 6 month free trial? Are you a new subscriber or did you previously have an Apple Music subscription?

its things like that lost Apple to me, beware of sharks!

FFS, weren't you explicitly told you had to buy your box from Worst Purchase to get six months free?
So it was already too late as soon as it came up.

Criminy, start a GoFundMe for $45. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Or order from Worst Buy and invoke your privilege of returning your Bezos Primo order.

You're killing me over here.
You should have been listening for hours already, try to catch up. ;)

FFS, weren't you explicitly told you had to buy your box from Worst Purchase to get six months free?
So it was already too late as soon as it came up.

Criminy, start a GoFundMe for $45. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Or order from Worst Buy and invoke your privilege of returning your Bezos Primo order.

You're killing me over here.
You should have been listening for hours already, try to catch up. ;)
Dave... I don't recall anyone saying I needed to buy the box itself from BB....only the 6 month deal, which, they sent me a link. I'm glad you find this all so humorous.

Did you receive an email from Best Buy with a unique code and instructions to activate the 6 month free trial? Are you a new subscriber or did you previously have an Apple Music subscription?
Yes, I received the email, which, when I followed instructions, it opened up Apple Music in a new browser...which is all fine, but I want to utilize the Apple TV, so I can do the Atmos thing. I'll figure it out.

Yes, I received the email, which, when I followed instructions, it opened up Apple Music in a new browser...which is all fine, but I want to utilize the Apple TV, so I can do the Atmos thing. I'll figure it out.

I had to setup my apple acct on pc... Couldnt get it to take thru apple tv box
Spent hours trying to no avail
Setup ur apple acct on pc...then go thru ur apple tv box
Yep was pita. Yull get it have fun

Reactions: GOS
Dave... I don't recall anyone saying I needed to buy the box itself from BB....only the 6 month deal, which, they sent me a link. I'm glad you find this all so humorous.

Sorry. No disrespect.
Just struck me funny that from my perspective, it appeared a guy went from not being able to wait a day longer to stream in Atmos, to deciding getting an extra three free months added to a trial subscription was the hill he's now willing to die on.

I hope eventually this thread gets back to listening.
Not why free advice and help random strangers offer on the internet is not always without pitfalls. ;)
Best of luck, we're all rooting for you.
:51QQ

OK, it is working, I guess. I mean, my AVR says Atmos when I play certain tracks. As far as what sort of "contract" I've signed up for, I have no clue. 1 month, 6 months, no idea. I played a few Elton tracks, and the rear heights were nothing more than a very faint reverb. So, we'll see where this goes.
You got 6 months to fall in love. No long term commitment as you can cancel at any time. Month to month subscription like Netflix.

You got 6 months to fall in love. No long term commitment as you can cancel at any time. Month to month subscription like Netflix.
I hear you my man! I'll give it a good go. That's for sure. I just need to get used to the navigation, how to go back, how to find stuff. It's all good.

OK, it is working, I guess. I mean, my AVR says Atmos when I play certain tracks. As far as what sort of "contract" I've signed up for, I have no clue. 1 month, 6 months, no idea. I played a few Elton tracks, and the rear heights were nothing more than a very faint reverb. So, we'll see where this goes.
Make sure to give this a listen to see what Atmos music is capable of. If it doesn’t put a smile on your face, I don’t think anything will.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/boom/1445039970?i=1445039972

Back