Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait until the new Bob Clearmountain Atmos mix of Avalon comes out this Spring - it's outstanding
Why is Avalon the only RM catalog title getting all the surround love? A bloated, overpriced deluxe of their debut came out years ago with an SW 5.1 mix and is still going for crazy money, but where are the six studio titles in between? Last I heard it may have been Bryan Ferry holding things up, but c'mon. Even a couple of his solo titles are out in surround. Talk about leaving money on the table....

Why is Avalon the only RM catalog title getting all the surround love? A bloated, overpriced deluxe of their debut came out years ago with an SW 5.1 mix and is still going for crazy money, but where are the six studio titles in between? Last I heard it may have been Bryan Ferry holding things up, but c'mon. Even a couple of his solo titles are out in surround. Talk about leaving money on the table....
Maybe because a) it's [arguably] their best and most popular record and b) it's the album that made Clearmountain a rock-star mix engineer. I can't name one mix engineer from those other six titles.

Maybe because a) it's [arguably] their best and most popular record and b) it's the album that made Clearmountain a rock-star mix engineer. I can't name one mix engineer from those other six titles.
My question was mainly rhetorical. ;)

I admit I was drinking but something seemed off with it. I will listen again
I will too; I've listened to it only once. It's not my favorite Live song, and I'll admit I'm not adept at listening critically and analyzing Atmos mixes. The main thing I hear in most Atmos mixes is the vocals seem to emanate from just above the bed layer.

The tracks from the debut album are available on Tidal in 360RA, but not from the artist main page (not there as singles). You need to search by track name.

In the interests of the common knowledge, I must confess something undignified.

I have discovered that on Amazon 360RA, you can get all of the following from the first album:
01 Baby One More Time
02 You Drive Me Crazy
03 Sometimes
04 Soda Pop
05 Born To Make You Happy
06 From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
07 I Will Be There
08 I Will Still Love You
10 Thinkin About You
11 E-mail My Heart
12 The Beat Goes On

In the interests of the common knowledge, I must confess something undignified.

I have discovered that on Amazon 360RA, you can get all of the following from the first album:
01 Baby One More Time
02 You Drive Me Crazy
03 Sometimes
04 Soda Pop
05 Born To Make You Happy
06 From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
07 I Will Be There
08 I Will Still Love You
10 Thinkin About You
11 E-mail My Heart
12 The Beat Goes On
Entire album now on Tidal in 360RA.

I was honestly surprised that the album and the band were not bigger. This album and the next one were fantastic, but they started going down after them, IMO.

I was a huge fan of Live. They had a decent run though, 4 straight solid albums. Then "V" came out, which wasn't a fantastic album and the salt in the wound was the release date the week of 09/11/01.

Back