Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else agree that ten thousand posts across 523 pages is enough for this thread?

My browser chokes on all the embedded content.

How about a fresh start?

The whole reason this thread (and forum in general) splits threads into 10-20 post pages is to reduce the amount of resources consumed by your browser. Presuming they both had the same number of embeds, viewing page 523 of this thread takes no more or no less resources than if you were viewing page 1 of a new thread. It's actually more useful to keep it all as one continuous thread because the forum search functionality allows you to search for results within a thread. We won't be closing this thread or starting a new one.

The whole reason this thread (and forum in general) splits threads into 10-20 post pages is to reduce the amount of resources consumed by your browser. Presuming they both had the same number of embeds, viewing page 523 of this thread takes no more or no less resources than if you were viewing page 1 of a new thread. It's actually more useful to keep it all as one continuous thread because the forum search functionality allows you to search for results within a thread. We won't be closing this thread or starting a new one.
Thanks for the quick reply, understood.
It's actually more useful to keep it all as one continuous thread because the forum search functionality allows you to search for results within a thread.
Could I then suggest that folks who post here consider using text with artist name and title when posting an embedded Apple Music link, so that the search function actually works?

For example, there's a link on the previous page for content by the artist Artemas.
A search of the thread for "artemas" yields no results. :unsure:

Thanks for the quick reply, understood.

Could I then suggest that folks who post here consider using text with artist name and title when posting an embedded Apple Music link, so that the search function actually works?

For example, there's a link on the previous page for content by the artist Artemas.
A search of the thread for "artemas" yields no results. :unsure:
That's a good idea. (And not just because it's occurred to me once or twice, too!)

journey in satchidanada is such a masterpiece
obviously its mostly just an atmosphere atmos mix without much discreet surround stuff happening but i wouldn't really want it to be crazy

Bought Gary Clark Jr.'s debut when it came out in 2012!

I remember I was looking up Gary Clark, the singer of the short-lived British band, Danny Wilson, whose whole output (both with the band and his subsequent projects, a solo album and the kick-ass "Great Day for Gravity" by King L) is stellar. Well, arguably, with the exception of the Bebop Moptop album, the best of which is on the "Sweet Danny Wilson" compilation, which in turn is worth tracking down in its double-CD edition because the second CD (titled "Three-in-a-Bed Romp") features numerous rare gems. Like their excellent cover of "Knowing me, Knowing you".

Anyhow, so I was googling Scottigsh singer/songwriter Gary Clark since I was curious about what he was up to now. And instead, I discovered Gary Clark Jr. So I figured, what the heck, might as well listen to this "Bright Lights Big City" song while I'm here. And it was awesome!

I spot-checked his other albums since and for some reason, never warmed up to them.

But this new one is a winner! Definitely give JPEG RAW a spin. Great guitar-driven Rock with influences from a bunch of other styles like Hip-Hop.

Also, I hope any of the Danny Wilson stuff (at least the debut, "Meet Danny Wilson") ever gets remixed in Surround. "Steamtrains to the Milky Way" would be a revelation. Such rich, poetic and layered music.

Gary Clark Jr. on last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart:

Murray Head - Emotions (My Favorite Songs) has been removed from Apple Music.
still in Atmos here at the moment 🤞

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg

Back