Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As posted earlier, Weezer blue album!
The mix is from multis. Cranking guitars in the top rears and sides. Harmony vocals in sides.
Not on Tidal (yet?). Dammit. EDIT: oops scratch that, saw the link was posted. For whatever reason my search didn't turn it up.

Andreas Hellkvist - Introducing the Quadraphonic Leslie Experience
May 24th 2024 (yes, in Atmos)

Not out yet AFAIK, but this looks interesting to keep a look out for

QUAD LESLIE ATMOS.jpg

BZ - 7X
This title is from 2022, but turned up as an Atmos download on IAA today. For me, one of the wildest Atmos mixes ever, great hybriblend of electronica and heavy guitars too. Speakers still wet after the workout, I'm starting to save my pennies:bowing:
https://tidal.com/album/226164782?u
Wow!. Never heard of BZ, but this is cranked up on my system now. I see they have two other Atmos albums streaming on Apple Music.

This one might have to be my next IAA purchase.

Most Atmos mixes flat-out suck but the new albums from Pet Shop Boys and Vampire Weekend are definite exceptions. Both are truly brilliant mixes done by people who know what they're doing (in the case of VW it's Dave Fridmann of Flaming Lips fame) so they're definitely worth listening to!

Last edited:
Is this the same stuff that was supposed to be on that aborted "Vision" box set about two years ago?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...et-experience-hendrix-legacy-3-25-2022.31664/

It shares tracks but not the same. The Bluray on the box was 5.1. The new streaming one us atmos.

Unfortunately, it doesn't share some of the songs noted in the box set thread. Most notably, from my point of view, Pali Gap is not included. The track listing is the same as the 2010 CD/DVD release. I'm still holding out hope that the box set will be released at some point. If that never happens, the next best thing would be if Rainbow Bridge and Cry of Love were remixed in 5.1 and/or Atmos.

I've listened to only the first ten songs of this release. I'll share my impressions after I've listened to the whole album at least once.

Huge thumbs up for this Hendrix! Did Eddie Kramer mix this (First Rays...) and Ladyland? The 5.1 of Ladyland (also Kramer?) sounded good, other than the two popular tracks where he let off the gas. The Atmos mixes take Hendrix to another level!:LB:LB:LB
I think Kramer mixed the 5.1 of Electric Ladyland, but I'm not sure who mixed the Atmos version for streaming. I finished listening to this release, and I'm mostly impressed. I didn't hear a lot in the heights, but there is some interesting separation of Jimi's guitar rolls, overdubs, and background vocals among the fronts and rears, mostly to good effect. His vocals seem somewhat elevated, both in terms of the mix and in my room, from my recollection of the stereo mix. There are a few moments where I thought why did the mixer do that, but overall, I like it, and I hope it continues to grow on me as I listen to it more.

I think Kramer mixed the 5.1 of Electric Ladyland, but I'm not sure who mixed the Atmos version for streaming. I finished listening to this release, and I'm mostly impressed. I didn't hear a lot in the heights, but there is some interesting separation of Jimi's guitar rolls, overdubs, and background vocals among the fronts and rears, mostly to good effect. His vocals seem somewhat elevated, both in terms of the mix and in my room, from my recollection of the stereo mix. There are a few moments where I thought why did the mixer do that, but overall, I like it, and I hope it continues to grow on me as I listen to it more.
haikubass posted the other day that the Atmos was credited on Tidal to Chandler Harrod 🙂

Back