Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another WEA fake, with the stereo mix repeated across all speakers at varying levels. This song could have leant itself to a great surround mix.
As soon as I saw it, I thought it would be... 🙄 Probably Alan J(S) Han... Wtf, could be a great track in surround... I mean Dolby should really intervene as it doesn't do wonders for their reputation either...

I'll throw out a really wild and crazy idea here, living in my own fantasy world, what if someone did an atmos mix of Wayne Shorter's "Masqualero". Wouldn't that be trippy? Who? No?
You! Yes...you in the third row! You have won every SA-CD ever released of Art Blakey & The Jazz Messe@gers! What? Never mind, son....

Last edited:
I'll throw out a really wild and crazy idea here, living in my own fantasy world, what if someone did an atmos mix of Wayne Shorter's "Masqualero". Wouldn't that be trippy? Who? No?
You! Yes...you in the third row! You have won every SA-CD ever released of Art Blakey & The Jazz Messe@gers! What? Never mind, son....
Sony, do an Atmos mix of Sorcerer (or Live at the Fillmore East)--or Verve, Footprints - Live? Could happen. In the meantime, the closest you're gonna get is Genewick's synthesized studio-reverb version of Juju, I guess. Or better yet: run Sorcerer through a Dolby Surround Upmixer!
https://nextbop.com/blog/masqualeroacriticalanalysisofcovers

Yeah seems to stutter, maybe just how it buffers on Apple? If you rewind enough times it should start normally...

Funny Apple seems to be the only one to have the song Kokomo? The others must be looking somewhere off of Milton Keynes for it?! :D
Just noticed this myself. No Kokomo on TIDAL. Sad! Anybody have any idea why? Or if it's coming?

I jumped straight to Get Away which I’ve always loved to crank as loud as possible. Then went to Wishing You Were Here and now I’m A Man.

Early to say, but so far I think I also lean toward the quads. (Obviously some of this material, like Get Away, wasn’t in quad.) But based on what I’ve heard with this mix, I’ll be happy listening to it when I’m too lazy to pull out the quad discs. Very enjoyable so far.
I went to Wishing You Were Here first, just to see if the accoustic guitar track that is missing from the quad mix is included. It is!

But other than that I think I prefer the quad mixes.

Peace on Earth, good will to men, kindly withhold any unkind comments about a dolby-ized 60-year-old classic.

@Quad Linda Chicago's finest, Mr. Ramsey Lewis, Mr. El Dee Young, Mr. Red Holt and guest orchestra.

I think UMG is doing a pretty good job with all these early/mid-60s Christmas combos. Not quite on a par with the Ella Fitzgerald songbook they released a few months ago--they almost had to have done some stem-separation on that one--but still not bad.

The interwebs say there was a follow-up album, More Sounds of Christmas, in 1964. Wonder if we'll get that one, too?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_of_Christmas

It' s some very good mixes here, unfortunately I get every song twice in my library. :confused: When I try to delete the doubles, the running order gets whacked up.🤔
This keeps happening to me, too--but with a variety of albums. I called Apple support, and they claimed that the problem must be with the Windows web-browser version of Apple Music, which they technically don't support. If I delete the affected album and re-add it from within Apple Music on the ATV4K or the Apple Music app on an Apple device (MacBook, iPad), the "doubled" tracks don't recur.

Back