Listening to in STEREO headphones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thought I'd share my almost daily ritual of my workout playing my Roland electronic drumset...
-Led Zep- Darlene, Hey hey...,Southbound Suarez, Fool in the Rain, and a few more..
-Spin Doctors-you gotta believe in Something, almost the whole disc (not daily), sometimes some from "Turn it upside down"
-today I was doing some Level 42 , a few from "World Machine"
-Smashmouth S/T 2001

The DAILY ones are:
-Emerson Lake and POWELL "The Score" ...I think I got it down pat now
-Side 1 of Rush's Signals.. AWESOME STUFF..and sometimes I sneak in Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta and Freewill...

SO MUCH FUN and QUITE a WORKOUT...duude!

https://koss.com/pages/koss-history
I used Koss HV/1A stereo headphones quite a lot in the 1970s and 1980s, the Elton John albums Caribou, Captain Fantastic, Rock of the Westies sound(ed) excellent [very good stereo imaging] thru these headphones, I don't have them now, I may buy some Koss Porta-Pro headphones and listen to these albums (maybe my old LP versions) again, I rarely listen with headphones (since ~1990).

Kirk Bayne

me wife is busy and needs silence and I was BLASTING these on my nifty "cheap" headphones.. a lovely LP rip!
(BTW, it was my wife back when we were dating in HSchool who gave me this LP and wrote on the hype sticker "I will Love you FOREVER!" (which I STILL have in storage) in her then beautiful handwriting...who knew we would wind up together after 38 years! ... it's never too late folks!
https://www.discogs.com/release/10079101-Supertramp-Paris

You only use stereo phones? People with four ears need Quadraphones! Koss phase 2+2 or the JVC's with the rear phase switch work nice, even with stereo. Simple quad decoders work well with quad headphones as our ears are very sensitive to complex phase relationships via phones.

If I must stick to stereo I would use a pair of electrostatic phones, but for better or worse you will hear detail (or defects even) that you wouldn't notice otherwise. It would have been cool if someone would have made a pair of quad electrostatics! Maybe I could duct tape two pairs of Stax earspeakers together! ;)

Back