Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

thank you, Mister P.! 🤗

it's weird, i was sure there was more LTJ in 5.1 but can only lay my hands on two sets at the mo 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

Planet Earth (2005, DTS-CD + DVD-V)
Earth (2004, CD + DVD-V)

View attachment 102813

View attachment 102814
Will have to track down Planet Earth...I liked Makoto's work on the Gran Turismo 5 Soundtrack, and I assume this will be in a similar vein.

LTJ Bukem Presents PLANET EARTH [Good Looking Records LTD] Dug this one out of the pile and glad I did ..... Aother extraordinary DTS 5.1 [and as stated on rear DTS ES 6.1] extravaganza from "LTJ!" Also contains an RBCD. Another HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

https://www.discogs.com/release/458294-LTJ-Bukem-Planet-Earth

Primary

Secondary, 4 of 4

Ltj Bukem Tickets 2023 - Ltj Bukem Concert tour 2023 Tickets

LTJ BUKEM

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally gave Gentle Giant a try.

In my defense, I'd never heard of them before last year.

The hype was more than warranted.

mbid-9c59d04f-3865-47f1-9e00-480bb3df73b7-29739714872.jpg
Another band I probably would’ve never gotten into if it weren’t for Steven’s surround remixes. They are now one of my favorite bands. No one sounds like these guys.

Pick up the other ones if you haven’t, they are all worth it in my book, even to a new GG fan like myself.

Another band I probably would’ve never gotten into if it weren’t for Steven’s surround remixes. They are now one of my favorite bands. No one sounds like these guys.

Pick up the other ones if you haven’t, they are all worth it in my book, even to a new GG fan like myself.
Very much so. A solid third of what I've listened to over the last year was largely because it was available in multichannel, while being outside my usual comfort zone.

Listened to self-titled and Power and the Glory too. Goddamn these guys are good.

Last edited:
Michael Dutton appreciation day. If you're a film music fan, these surround mixes will blow your mind. Highly recommend these affordable discs.
View attachment 102834View attachment 102835View attachment 102836
Michael Dutton appreciation day. If you're a film music fan, these surround mixes will blow your mind. Highly recommend these affordable discs.
View attachment 102834View attachment 102835View attachment 102836View attachment 102837View attachment 102838View attachment 102839

And Rusty, don't overlook this title in Vocalion's film music Collection. Am spinning it now....GORGEOUS+++++

https://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLK4641

DAVID RAKSIN Conducts His Great Film Scores [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Back