Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAKE UP!
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 7.19.36 AM.png
9.28 on our poll
thread

Further comments: it's what I would describe as a sensible mix. Some songs have sparse elements, so they're naturally low in rear activity. However, whenever there are additional elements, boy oh boy does it use the rear soundfield.

Ponta Box - Multi Channel Sound Best (DVD-A, 5.1 MLP 24/96, VIAJ-60003)

Is this as discrete as some of Ponta's quad offerings? Maybe not. Is this still a discrete 5.1 mix? Hell yes! As fun as I was hoping it would be.
Interesting they didn't go for any extra's, such as DVD compatibility back then. Way it was, sometimes.

Interesting they didn't go for any extra's, such as DVD compatibility back then. Way it was, sometimes.
There is actually a music video extra on the DVD-Video side of the disc...however this disc is clearly designed to only be used in DVD-Audio players, as there's no way to get to it apart from the menu on the DVD-Audio side.

There is actually a music video extra on the DVD-Video side of the disc...however this disc is clearly designed to only be used in DVD-Audio players, as there's no way to get to it apart from the menu on the DVD-Audio side.
Yeah links can be made from the DVDA side. Over my pay grade/tools though.

Back