Loggins & Messina - Full Sail - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (July 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Not only that, but what better time to hear an album of this, um, 'warmth'? :D

Wonder if Jimmy Buffett's a fan? You can hear a little of his attitude in "Lahaina" and a few others...:)

ED :)

Excellent! Not only that, but what better time to hear an album of this, um, 'warmth'? :D

Wonder if Jimmy Buffett's a fan? You can hear a little of his attitude in "Lahaina" and a few others...:)

ED :)

Yes, a very sunny and fun album.
I always thought of it as Loggins & Messina Go To Hawaii.... :)

I feel an EASY [and BREEZY] score of 10 coming on as I spin this delightful and extremely long awaited AF QUAD remaster of L&M's FULL SAIL.

Wow, really didn't expect it to sound THIS superb. Ample bass front and rear.

Pinch me.

A HUGE shout out to original Quad sound and remix supervisors Al Lawrence and Alex Kazanegras, Steve Hoffman and A>DSD Quad Mastering/SACD author Steve Marsh and of course Multichannel Maven, Brian Moura for a stellar job.

And Many Thanks again to AF's CEO Marshall Blonstein for keeping the DREAM alive of releasing these 70's chestnuts in utmost fidelity.:banana::banana::banana::banana: http://www.musictap.net/Interviews/ArtforInterviews/BlonsteinMarshallPhoto.jpg

I feel an EASY [and BREEZY] score of 10 coming on as I spin this delightful and extremely long awaited AF QUAD remaster of L&M's FULL SAIL.

Wow, really didn't expect it to sound THIS superb. Ample bass front and rear.

Pinch me.

A HUGE shout out to original Quad sound and remix supervisors Al Lawrence and Alex Kazanegras, Steve Hoffman and A>DSD Quad Mastering/SACD author Steve Marsh and of course Multichannel Maven, Brian Moura for a stellar job.

And Many Thanks again to AF's CEO Marshall Blonstein for keeping the DREAM alive of releasing these 70's chestnuts in utmost fidelity.:banana::banana::banana::banana: http://www.musictap.net/Interviews/ArtforInterviews/BlonsteinMarshallPhoto.jpg

Yes indeed! How about the detail in that last track, esp as it begins and at the very end when it fades out. Very clear clean and smile-inducing quad, IMHO.

Yes indeed! How about the detail in that last track, esp as it begins and at the very end when it fades out. Very clear clean and smile-inducing quad, IMHO.

IMO, Jon, one of AF's VERY finest QUAD releases thus far....and that says a lot since there were SO many.

Pathway to Glory is another goosebump inducing cut.

NO way they could've derived this brilliant level of sound from SQ Vinyl back in the day! What were they thinking????????

ADDENDA: I just emailed Marshall @ AF to thank him for this remarkable release. I encourage others to do so, as well, to hopefully encourage him to release (many) more in the coming months (years)! http://audiofidelity.net/contact-us

IMO, Jon, one of AF's VERY finest QUAD releases thus far....and that says a lot since there were SO many.

NO way they could've derived this brilliant level of sound from SQ Vinyl back in the day! What were they thinking????????

You know Ralph, I've learned so much with my humble little SQ Surround Master experiment the past 12 months.. among it all is that if one of these old SQ Quads pans out well thru that little decoder I just know the discrete master tapes gonna sound spectacular and have a wonderful surround mix (so far AF haven't let the side down, their Quad SACDs have all been terrific imho!) and it appears Full Sail is another one of their Surround titles that is going to "knock it out of the park" so to speak :eek: can't wait for my order to arrive! :p

Both of the Loggins & Messina Surround Sound SACDs have proven to be winners. I was surprised by the amount of low end/bass on the self-titled album in SACD Surround from Audio Fidelity.

Full Sail in SACD Surround is another winner. A big thumbs up here! :)

Of all the AF quads this is my favorite. It is also the LP I have purchased more than any other. I have had it in every format though not in any half speed mastered version- if that even existed. This is by far the best this album has ever sounded. Kudos to Marshall and his crew for making this possible. It is absolutely AWESOME!

whoa! Mine went from just notifying me of labels being created to OUT FOR DELIVERY TODAY!! I am going to listen to this tonight when I get home... :)

I also want to say (seriously!) that when I first put this disc on...I literally had to get out of my chair and stick my ear up to center channel. I absolutely swore it was a 5.0 recording. With all the chatter lately about vocals not being centralized in Quad....

I also want to say (seriously!) that when I first put this disc on...I literally had to get out of my chair and stick my ear up to center channel. I absolutely swore it was a 5.0 recording. With all the chatter lately about vocals not being centralized in Quad....

Haha.. I would say you can take such comments with a pinch of salt, my friend, I can tell you I've done exactly the same as you with old Quads where the centre front phantom image is so eerily present it really does seem like the Centre channel is active when it is in fact deathly silent! :yikes

Of all the AF quads this is my favorite. It is also the LP I have purchased more than any other. I have had it in every format though not in any half speed mastered version- if that even existed. This is by far the best this album has ever sounded. Kudos to Marshall and his crew for making this possible. It is absolutely AWESOME!

Mine is at post office for Friday delivery (tomorrow). Long wait, but worth it.

My favorite thus far has been Alice Cooper, but Full Sail, and then Secret Treaties as the follow up, I think these three are going to be my favorites from AF) until we get the next ones announced).

Then with EW&F Open Our Eyes and Birds of Fire running just behind.

Ok, got mine a couple of hours ago. I am waiting for sundown and the cool air of a mild summer's evening to play this and some other good things. I may go and buy a 6-pack of my favorite brew which is Carlsberg, and I have on hand some medical grade stash for those special events like this.

Have you heard of Carlsberg Elephant? It's the super-strong malt brew, wonderful ice cold...... I don't get hangovers on Carlsberg brand brews.

http://thisdrinkinglife.com/carlsberg-elephant-beer/

Last edited:
Back