Loggins & Messina - Full Sail - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (July 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think so as well. I ordered from ImportCDs, so I will be with the last batch sent out to buyers. Oh well.

Overnight, my Amazon.com order status changed from "Release date July 29, 2016" to "Not yet shipped." So it would seem that Amazon has it. I am not an Amazon Prime member and took the free shipping option, so they show projected "arriving August 4-6." I've been waiting and hoping for years to get this one, so a few more days is no big deal.

A delay in the release date doesn't really annoy me.
What annoys me is if Audio Fidelity knew they weren't going to be able to get the SACDs to the retailers in time for the July 29th date, that should have been communicated before now.

Considering that today is the 29th...and they have been shipped...I don't see the problem...

I just listened to all the song clips, wow...didn't know Loggins/Messina wrote "A Love Song". Of course, I remember the smash hit by Anne Murray the most.....can't wait to get this disc. I'm sure it sounds amazing. Mine was purchased from ImportCD's...so not sure when I'll get it. No shipping notice yet...but I'm pretty excited for this one.

Considering that today is the 29th...and they have been shipped...I don't see the problem...

The issue is that because I am a Prime Member I was supposed to receive the disc today. amazon are usually great about getting pre-ordered items delivered to you on the day of release, but with this one, now it's not supposed to arrive until the end of next week… :violin
Also, amazon's product page for this SACD now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months", so it's not readily available today as it should be.

The issue is that because I am a Prime Member I was supposed to receive the disc today. amazon are usually great about getting pre-ordered items delivered to you on the day of release, but with this one, now it's not supposed to arrive until the end of next week… :violin
Also, amazon's product page for this SACD now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months", so it's not readily available today as it should be.

Yep, that would have been my beef as well. In this case, I didn't order from Amazon, but when they say the 29th, it should have meant that it shipped yesterday for receipt today. That's how the Prime works.

Well..RT...I see this every time there is a valued release...people have waited years and months for a release and then they seem to come unraveled because it's a few days past the projected release date...as far as that disclaimer on amazon...it's like most things on amazon...it's subject to change...I just don't see why people seem to get so bent out of shape over something like this...

It's human nature...I'm the same way. And again, when you pay for Prime, you expect things to work as they have for the last several years. I sure do. :)
Yesterday I was supposed to get a delivery from Music Direct. Heck, I even got the notification saying it was out for delivery...I left work to retrieve it...only to wait, and wait...never to show up. Ha ha...I was pissed. Then they sent me an email saying it was coming Tuesday......then I get more mad...yet today it says it's out for delivery again. lmao

Well..RT...I see this every time there is a valued release...people have waited years and months for a release and then they seem to come unraveled because it's a few days past the projected release date...as far as that disclaimer on amazon...it's like most things on amazon...it's subject to change...I just don't see why people seem to get so bent out of shape over something like this...

Clint, I don't think I'm getting "bent out of shape" over this, but can I not be a little disappointed that the disc won't arrive when it was supposed to?

Clint, I don't think I'm getting "bent out of shape" over this, but can I not be a little disappointed that the disc won't arrive when it was supposed to?

Sure you can be disappointed...but I just don't understand blaming AF...you know how much is involved in the distribution of these discs..AND some people have gotten their discs...as far as amazon goes...I have pretty much given up on them...they used to be my go to place...not anymore...I guess I'm especially sensitive to people blaming AF because they have delivered time and time again...and when I think of MoFi and their "preorders " that are 2 years old... I appreciate AF even more...I'm done on this topic...gotta move on...my life is ticking away...

And just like "that", I received email from ImportCD's that Full Sail has shipped! So, the ship has sailed...and I'm waiting at the port... :banana:

I got an email from Amazon this morning asking me to confirm I still wanted it since it was delayed until August 3.

Just got a shipping notice from import cds. I buy most of my discs from them and have been very pleased with their low prices and service

Thank you TVB and GOS, I just checked my spam folder and there was my shipping notice from ImportCDs as well from this morning.

All's fine. It does seem like the longest wait for this one huh.

Back