Quantcast

Looking for switch for two preamps into one amp

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

bFletch

I just got an Exasound E38 Mark II (and love it) and want to use it direct into my amp. But I have several other things using my preamp that will still need to get to the amp too. So I need to find a switch that will send either the exasound 6 outputs or the Marantz 7005 6 outputs to my Outlaw amp inputs. Does anyone know of a good solution for this? It's important that no filtering, volume or coloration happens. Just switching. Thanks!

bFletch

Thanks, Kal, for the reply. Trying three different browsers I was not able to get through to your attached link. It is Saturday night so maybe the web trail there is just too busy. I tried and did get to Stereophile.com but searching their site for "Music in the Round" brought up 152 pages. I searched for a while but decided to wait. I can try again tomorrow morning unless you know of another way to the article.

bFletch

Yes, I just did a Google search for "Music in the Round Switch" and the article came right up and the author is you! Terrific, I'll give it a read tonight. :cool:

Kal Rubinson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since I only have 12" to 18" distances to run for the music server side, I'm thinking I"d be happy with either one.
For single-ended, the best option is to find a used Zektor switch with the necessary number of channels and i/o options.
Best: Zektor MAS 7.1 (and you can't have mine)
Otherwise MAS3 does only 6 channels but:
1. you can stack 2 6channel switches from Zektor.
2. you can stack 2 4channel switches for other sources. Browse on AliExpress or Amazon for such.