DTS-CD Lucifer's Friend SQ DTS Conversion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I just purchased a copy of the SQ recording of Lucifer's Friend. While I don't actually collect quad records, I was interested in this recording because it isn't available on quad tape.
Is there anyone in the group with a Tate and dts conversion capability who would like to do a dts conversion of this recording? I thought others out there might be interested in hearing this and it would be a good idea to convert it.
Contact me directly if you're interested.
[email protected]

Thanks,
George

When it's complete I would love to get a copy of that somehow.

Thanks
Bob

Boy, these software guys are getting pretty sharp!

I went to check out the cover, just for old times sake, and because I am running Norton Internet Security on my PC, it would not let me see the cover until I turned off the "Ad Blocker" function!

What a goof!!!

:-jon

Since I wasn't too familiar with this group, I did a little searching on the web. Here is a portion of an article about the group. The record is on its way to Rob for conversion. I didn't even open the box before sending it, so I still have no idea what the music is like. But if it has any resemblance to Led Zeppelin, as the article mentions, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
George

"The biography of the four members of German rock group Lucifer's Friend is the vital part of the German rock music family tree. Peter Hesslein had started in 1963 as a guitar player for the GIANTS. Peter Hecht and Dieter Horns were also members of the German Bonds since 1965; in 1968 Hesslein joined them. 1970 was the last year for the German Bonds’ existence; following the breakup, its members took up studies in graphics and design. Late 1970 most of what was left of the BONDS, including drummer Joachim Rietenbach, started planning the recording of a new album. They searched for the proper vocalist, and finally found John Lawton, former member of the British band called Stonewall. "The album, "Lucifer's Friend", recorded by this super-energetic German rock-quintet, had more than a passing resemblance with Led Zeppelin (as stated by the Chicago Express at the time); it was released in January 1971. After rave reviews for this debut, the five members of LF decided to try their hand at live performances."

I have Lucifer's Friend. My impression is that it is more like early Uriah Heep. It doesn't strike me as sounding like Led Zeppilin.

The Quadfather

The album is here and on the turntable as we or I should say write! the album has alot of BIG POPS and does sound like ZEP in certain songs!
Recording it right now!
Will let you know when it's done, and does sound like Heap!
Side one is almost done!
Rob :cool:

I haven't played mine in a while. I don't remember the nature of it's condition. However, I don't think it's in real good shape.

The Quadfather

You know, the CD release of this was produced from the original SQ master tapes and it decodes wonderfully. If you were to use the CD instead of the LP to create a DTS CD from, you wouldn't have to fuss with all the pops and ticks. In fact, I bought the CD just for this purpose but haven't gotten around to doing it.

This is a Radio and Review copy as it says on the label , so it may be different!? Any way, after giveing it a good cleaning -3 times it sound much better not nearly as many pops and clicks so, It's ready to encode!
Rob :cool:

Back