Magical Mystery Tour Blu Ray - October 2012

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I start another 16-hour rendering (and this is with 8 cores and an SSD), let me provide what I promised earlier. Here is what is in each individual track of Your Mother Should Know.

Front Left - Predominently piano, bass and drums with spread background vocals. Some lead vocal (lower level).
Front Right - Mostly percussion, organ and drums with spread background vocals. Some lead vocals (much lower level).
Center - Lead vocals with piano at much lower level.
LFE - Lower octaves on bass and bass drum
Surround Left - Background vocals with lead vocals at a much lower level. Delays on other instruments, particularly piano.
Surround Right - Background vocals with lead vocals at a much lower level. Delays on other instruments, particularly organ.

I believe the effect that was being done was to get the lead vocals to come from the center but with some spread-out effects. The background vocals were supposed to come from the sides but more towards the rear than the front. Not an unusual effect. Drums are centered.

Sorry, I don't have much more time to analyze the mix. But YMSK, IMHO, is one of the better mixes on the MMT blu-ray disc.

Andy

Back