Marlux RA-632 AM-FM 4 channel receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journstyx

Hello all,
I recently got a Marlux RA-632 AM-FM 4 channel receiver. There was no instruction manual and I'm just wondering if someone has more information about this receiver. It seems it's a very elusive brand. I checked the internet and asked around, but it seems a very elusive brand, possibly from Japan, but I actually also have an old ad for Marlux product in the Dutch language, suggesting it may have had a Benelux office as well. Does anyone know if this receiver
decodes QS only? I know that it doesn't decode SQ. I appreciate any information that someone may have. Best regards, Journstyx

Astrocom/Marlux is a brand that began as an industrial electronic manufacturer, who also supplied NASA and the military. The model 407 reel-to-reel decks were manufactured in 1970 in Japan. Perhaps this receiver was made there, too. According to a man who represented them, they had no advertising or marketing budget and never really got off the ground. I don't recall any dealer in Chicago carrying their product. Their claim to fame was the 307 Quad cassette deck, which was never marketed. Protypes were built and heavily discussed in the hi-fi mags in '74. My guess is that the receiver was manufactured in '71, which would predate both SQ and CD-4. QS was available at that point.

Linda
Hello all,
I recently got a Marlux RA-632 AM-FM 4 channel receiver. There was no instruction manual and I'm just wondering if someone has more information about this receiver. It seems it's a very elusive brand. I checked the internet and asked around, but it seems a very elusive brand, possibly from Japan, but I actually also have an old ad for Marlux product in the Dutch language, suggesting it may have had a Benelux office as well. Does anyone know if this receiver
decodes QS only? I know that it doesn't decode SQ. I appreciate any information that someone may have. Best regards, Journstyx

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Like I said I have an ad for their stuff from a Dutch magazine, so they did some marketing in the Netherlands and Belgium at least. I'm trying to get some more details from a guy who restores vintage
equipment and actually sold me this receiver. Thanks again for the help!! Bets regards, Journstyx from The Netherlands.

Back