• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Masterwork SQ Quadraphonic 8 Track Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried to see this twice to no avail; my best friend had one of these Masterworks systems purchased at Pacific Stereo in April 1973. We used to coordinate our Quad 8 tape purchases and then swap the title backs and forth. That way we had more titles to choose from. I had the trusty (hissy) Panasonic gear RE7750 / RS845US Q8 deck which played okay but sounded like a low tech rainstorm of hiss at times. 40 watts? maybe during a solar eclipse...

timbre4 said:
I've tried to see this twice to no avail; my best friend had one of these Masterworks systems purchased at Pacific Stereo in April 1973. We used to coordinate our Quad 8 tape purchases and then swap the title backs and forth. That way we had more titles to choose from. I had the trusty (hissy) Panasonic gear RE7750 / RS845US Q8 deck which played okay but sounded like a low tech rainstorm of hiss at times. 40 watts? maybe during a solar eclipse...

Yeah, the Masterwork is not exactly what you'd describe as a high-end system. It sold, but if you'd like to take a look at a few images of it you can see them here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...1&category=3279&sspagename=STRK:MESSO:IT&rd=1

Thanks for the pics, my friend's unit looked different; more woodgrain and a little chrome, different front panel altogether...

Back