MISC: Russound QT-1 Quadraphonic Patch Bay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use two QT-1s in my system and they work great. I can send you a pdf of the manual if you don't have one. I admit it can be a bit confusing until you figure it out. The patchbay on the front confuses many people but you don't have to use that at all if you only need 4 sources (5 if you count the additional decoder loop).
As test, on the back connect a source to Recorder Inputs #1, connect your output to your amp via the To Tape Monitor Input. On the front set the #1 Record switch to the left, set the #1 Play switch to the right and the Monitor switch to Play. (Not sure if it makes a difference for this test, but put both of the Aux Decoder switches up in the Off position. Also put both switches in the Mix section in the up position.) Now see if it passes a signal.

Only the rear channels pass signal, the fronts are dead. Broken piece of garbage on the "totally to be fixed someday, I swear, no really" pile. Turns out a $20 amazon switch box got the job done, no headaches.

Only the rear channels pass signal, the fronts are dead. Broken piece of garbage on the "totally to be fixed someday, I swear, no really" pile. Turns out a $20 amazon switch box got the job done, no headaches.
The QT-1 usage is not always very intuitive. I find myself scratching my head when I go to use mine after a long period. It's meant more for those with lots of tape machines. I don't find the mixdown functions useful at all. I think that the manual helps explain things better, I should have a copy on my hard drive someplace. I can post it if you like.

The box that you are using is what I have suggested to people before, great for Quad or 5.0. Lots of them are/were available once HDMI started replacing Component Video. I've picked them up from both a surplus dealer and a thrift store for peanuts. You can find deals on component video cables as well, now that few people are looking for them.

Edit: I see that Jon already posted the manual!

Last edited:
Back