• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Mobile Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Quad Linda

Staff member
An E-Mail I received yesterday from MoFi/Music Direct claims that Mars Hotel SACD is shipping, as is Blues for Allah LP. No mention of BFA SACD.

I've had MH, BFA, In the Garden of Eden & J. Geils Mofi SACD's on preorder since they were announced.

If these appear in the next week, I won't see them until Wednesday. Ditto for the sooper duper Red Rose Speedway box that came a few weeks ago.

Wake up to find out that I'm Uncle Sam, that's who I am...

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
An E-Mail I received yesterday from MoFi/Music Direct claims that Mars Hotel SACD is shipping, as is Blues for Allah LP. No mention of BFA SACD.

I've had MH, BFA, In the Garden of Eden & J. Geils Mofi SACD's on preorder since they were announced.

If these appear in the next week, I won't see them until Wednesday. Ditto for the sooper duper Red Rose Speedway box that came a few weeks ago.

Blues for Allah sould sound awesome. Even the standard one sounds good.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

According to Music Direct. both the Blues for Allah and Live From the Mars Hotel SACDs have BOTH shipped. What's the hold up with J. Geils ... that was announced [and pre~ordered] eons ago?

Quad Linda

Staff member
According to Santa, Mars has shipped and SACD Allah will ship on 12/23. I think I have that straight.

Red Rose isn't coming until Christmas. Isn't that an extremely long shipping window for something that's coming from two rooms down the hall?

Shake the hand that shook the hand of P.T. Barnum and Charlie Chan...

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Let us know how Blues for Allah sounds. With a title like that it's halfway there !!!!

Both are exceptional remasters, Beefalo. But Markie wins the prize with those low, low numbers. I received BOTH last week and the numbers weren't THAT low. Blues: 000091 & Mars: 000152!

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Both are exceptional remasters, Beefalo. But Markie wins the prize with those low, low numbers. I received BOTH last week and the numbers weren't THAT low. Blues: 000091 & Mars: 000152!
I always order direct from MOFI and seem to get low numbers, but when I order from Amazon, not so low.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I always order direct from MOFI and seem to get low numbers, but when I order from Amazon, not so low.
I also ordered direct from Music Direct [it really doesn't pay price~wise to order from anyone else when they have their frequent sales] but what's in a number, Markie unless you auction them off in the future to pay for your castle in España!

See the source image

Last edited:

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Was going to order the Dead discs from Music Direct but when I discovered they now charge sales tax to ship to WA I passed and got the same discount without tax elsewhere. Will get higher number but don’t care

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just received notification from Music Direct that the Stereo SACD of Iron Butterfly's IN~A~GADDA~DA~VIDA has shipped!
That is great, can't wait for mine to come, no shipment notice from MOFI for me. Ralphie, I already know you'll be saying this begs for surround. But I always trust MOFI for great stereo.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
That is great, can't wait for mine to come, no shipment notice from MOFI for me. Ralphie, I already know you'll be saying this begs for surround. But I always trust MOFI for great stereo.
Nah, Markie...I just want a definitive stereo remaster from the original analogue tapes.........Saw it performed live when I was stationed at Fort Riley Kansas!