More Who MC releases?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova74

Hello all. I got an email from eel pie last winter that told me how the Who were coming out with an album of new material and how Pete Townsend was working on Quadraphenia in 5.1. I haven't heard anything since and just wondered if anyone else knew the status of either of these projects.
Myself, I want them to go back and remaster "Who's Next" in MC. It's my alltime favorite album and I think it would lend itself well to this treatment.
Thanks,
Ryan

Good question.

Quadrophenia is definitely overdue to be right around the corner. (n) :cool: (y)

I'm purposely lowering my expectations as a defense mechanism because this album is way-way up on my all-time want-to-hear-in-surround list. ;) (y)

Last I heard, the Who's Next 5.1 remix was on hold. Some of the multi-track source tapes were still not found. :( (is this still true?)

zabble said:
Last I heard, the Who's Next 5.1 remix was on hold. Some of the multi-track source tapes were still not found. :( (is this still true?)
This can't be right. I know they couldn't find the master for "Won't Get Fooled Again" when they remixed the album a few years ago, but I was under the impression it did eventually turn up (and they remixed it for a subsequent best-of album).

Back