Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there somthing wrong with THD tracks demuxed with some softwares????

You will need to provide more information:

What software is giving errors and what are the errors?

The MMH Atmos Decoder uses the Dolby Reference Player that will not decode THD streams that have been split.

I have a bug to report.
When dragging a file inside Atmos decoder, the decode button does not become active even though there are items in the queue.

In the concert video tools section, there is an option to split and rename concerts. When I use this, it defaults to splitting the mkv file on all track markers. Is there a way to use it to split only on selected track markers while leaving the other track markers intact?

The recent Camel box video blu ray has songs from 5 different shows, and I’d like to split them up while keeping shows with multiple songs intact.

Thanks for the great tool!

In the concert video tools section, there is an option to split and rename concerts. When I use this, it defaults to splitting the mkv file on all track markers. Is there a way to use it to split only on selected track markers while leaving the other track markers intact?

There is no way in MMH to do this easily.

This will get it done:
Open the MKV you have in the MMH Chapter Editor and identify the chapters you want to split at.
Copy those chapter numbers (You can also change chapter names to you track/song names if you wish).

Now create a batch file in the folder with your Input MKV file with the Chapter Numbers to split at, this will create the “Output.mkv” files, one per chapter suffixed 01, 02 etc. you can rename when done. Below splits at chapters 5 and 8 only creating 3 output files:

Mkvmerge.exe -o “Output.mkv” --split chapters:5,8 “YourInput.mkv”

mkvmerge.exe is in the MMH program file folder, so use this:

“C:\Program Files\Music Media Helper 7\mkvmerge.exe” in the above command line. You must put double quotes around any file name of path name with spaces.

I have an odd question: I like to organize my music by band name folders, and then by release date within the individual band folders. Is there a way to be able to use a date format like, "2024-02-12"? Or I suppose every one else in the world would use the year-date-month format.

Thanks!

I have an odd question

You can use any folder naming you like. I don’t know of any software that enforces folder naming or structures.

Are you asking if MMH can do auto folder naming based on release date?

I always used a folder structure like this (Old):

Code:
Music\Artist 1\Album 1
              \Album 2
     \Artist 2\Album 1
     etc

But I now use (New):
Code:
Music\Artist 1 - Album 1
     \Artist 1 - Album 2
     \Artist 2 - Album 1
   etc

I wrote some code to move the folders/files from Old structure to New. It would take too much effort to add the album release date to the folder name assuming the first track in each album had the Date tag filled.

BTW: I changed my folder structure to the new as I wanted multiple top level Root folders to split my collection into:
Atmos
Quad
Surround (e.g. not quad or atmos)
Upmixes
Stereo
Concerts

I use Kodi so I can make menu nodes to filter, example click ‘Quad’ and all my Quads appear.

But Kodi also has filters and user definable sort order so I could set my Album view (for Artists) to sort by (the tagged) release date

There is no way in MMH to do this easily.

This will get it done:
Open the MKV you have in the MMH Chapter Editor and identify the chapters you want to split at.
Copy those chapter numbers (You can also change chapter names to you track/song names if you wish).

Now create a batch file in the folder with your Input MKV file with the Chapter Numbers to split at, this will create the “Output.mkv” files, one per chapter suffixed 01, 02 etc. you can rename when done. Below splits at chapters 5 and 8 only creating 3 output files:

Mkvmerge.exe -o “Output.mkv” --split chapters:5,8 “YourInput.mkv”

mkvmerge.exe is in the MMH program file folder, so use this:

“C:\Program Files\Music Media Helper 7\mkvmerge.exe” in the above command line. You must put double quotes around any file name of path name with spaces.

Thanks, that did the trick. Note that the quotation marks have to be the straight up/down ones or Windows complains. 🙂

I used a single line .bat batch file located in the same folder as the mkv file, and double-clicked to run it. It split the mkv into four files at chapters 6, 18, and 25. The line was:

start "mkvmerge.exe" "C:\Program Files\Music Media Helper 7\mkvmerge.exe" -o "Output.mkv" --split chapters:6,18,25 "Video.mkv"

Thanks a bunch,

Carl

You can use any folder naming you like. I don’t know of any software that enforces folder naming or structures.

Are you asking if MMH can do auto folder naming based on release date?

I always used a folder structure like this (Old):

Code:
Music\Artist 1\Album 1
              \Album 2
     \Artist 2\Album 1
     etc

But I now use (New):
Code:
Music\Artist 1 - Album 1
     \Artist 1 - Album 2
     \Artist 2 - Album 1
   etc

I wrote some code to move the folders/files from Old structure to New. It would take too much effort to add the album release date to the folder name assuming the first track in each album had the Date tag filled.

BTW: I changed my folder structure to the new as I wanted multiple top level Root folders to split my collection into:
Atmos
Quad
Surround (e.g. not quad or atmos)
Upmixes
Stereo
Concerts

I use Kodi so I can make menu nodes to filter, example click ‘Quad’ and all my Quads appear.

But Kodi also has filters and user definable sort order so I could set my Album view (for Artists) to sort by (the tagged) release date
Thanks much for the reply! The only place I use the date is strictly when tagging each file. On ID3 tag fhere is a space for this. I realize you have a spot for it too, but I seem to recall having trouble putting all 8 numbers in that space. I would like the exact release date for bands that released more than one album in a year.

Sorry for the weird request.

Thanks much for the reply! The only place I use the date is strictly when tagging each file. On ID3 tag fhere is a space for this. I realize you have a spot for it too, but I seem to recall having trouble putting all 8 numbers in that space. I would like the exact release date for bands that released more than one album in a year.

You might try using mp3tag for this - it should allow you to enter any string you like in the 'year' box, and it also has a function for renaming files and even creating subfolders based on the tag data.

I just looked at the code a I've set the Year field accept numbers only. I'd need to make a few changes to change that to allow YYYY-MM-DD (and all variations).

If mp3tag can handle it then I'll just add your request to my TO DO list, for some future update.

Just received a new audio blu-ray, so as I usually do, I got to work on ripping album with makeMKV and extracting/splitting the audio to 5.1 FLAC files with the help of MMH's Split MKV/MKA feature.

However, this time I ended up with one big FLAC file that contains the entirety of the album, and a bunch of tiny files that are 638 bytes big. Obviously that's not right, seems like the files aren't being split correctly.

I checked the original MKV file and while the chapters seem to work correctly in my usual video player (MPC), they look really wonky in the chapter editor in MMH:
1707828359458.png

I'm running 7.1.13 and I've never encountered this before (previous versions, different albums). I've reproduced this behavior with another album, so I think it might not be the disc's fault. EDIT: I rolled back to a version I had lying around (7.0.2) and it works there, so it's a recent bug!

By the way, I absolutely massively totally appreciate all the work that went into this tool! It's saved me so much time and made things so much easier. <3

Last edited:
There was a recent change in MMH to increase the precision of chapter times when splitting. The bug is probably related to that change, that was 7.1.12 I think).

I’ll get a fix later today (it’s 1:45am here so not for several hours)

EDIT: You could try changing your Windows Locale to one using a decimal point instead of the EU comma. That may fix it in 7.1.13.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 7.1.14 Released:

Version 7.1.14 (February 14 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Adding files with Drag & Drop to decoder does not enable 'Decode' button - fixed
Chapter Editor tool: If all chapters are removed from the grid, 'Save' button is disabled to file - fixed @Eclectic
Chapter Editor tool: Failed to load chapter times correctly when using EU Locale (comma as decimal point)* - fixed @Coren
Extract Audio from MKV: Failed to split chapters times when using EU Locale (comma as decimal point)* - fixed @Coren
* regression caused by change in 7.1.12

Direct link to installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

I just looked at the code a I've set the Year field accept numbers only. I'd need to make a few changes to change that to allow YYYY-MM-DD (and all variations).

If mp3tag can handle it then I'll just add your request to my TO DO list, for some future update.
Awesome! You are the best! Thanks so much!!!!

Hi, Could you please share your recommendations for the following..
In the manual you recommend Music Light as the DRC preset for music.
Which DRC preset would you recommend for movies, Film Light or Film Standard?
And what about the TrueHD Channel Presentation for 5.1.2 setup? Leave it at 16 or change it to 8?
Thanks a lot.

Could you please share your recommendations for the following..

Dolby's recommendation for music is Music Light (just a touch of DRC)
I've never done anything with movies so best to do Google it or (Chat GPT), but but gut says 'Film Standard'
I would recommend 16 for TrueHD Channel Presentation for decodes

BTW: If you are doing encodes, I would also encode to 5.1.4 minimum. Even though you only have 2 on the ceiling now you may expand some day and an AVR with Atmos decoder will route .4 to your .2 nicely.

Hi Garry,

Re. MMH V7.1.14 Channel Volume

Thanks for the new update.

My settings are gone after a restart, please check the attachment files.

Cheers,
Jim

Attachments

• My Settings.JPG
    My Settings.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Settings after restart.JPG
    Settings after restart.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
Back