Musicares Tribute to Neil Young BD - releasing May 31,2011

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I have the Musicares tribute to James Taylor on HD DVD (5.1 mix by Eliot Scheiner) and it's quite good. No word (at least that I can find) on whether the mix on this one was done by ES, but an interesting/curious cast of performers for sure! see track listing below; you can check out the press release here;

http://www.shoutfactory.com/press/401/a_musicares_tribute_to_neil_young_.aspx#axzz1L1M3ySTC

Musicares Tribute to Neil Young BD program (5.1 DTS HD MA)

1. Rockin’ In The Free World – Keith Urban/John Fogerty/Booker T. Jones
2. Only Love Can Break Your Heart – Lady Antebellum
3. The Needle & The Damage Done – Dave Matthews
4. Tell Me Why – Norah Jones
5. Cinnamon Girl – Dierks Bentley/Booker T. Jones
6. Harvest Moon – Josh Groban
7. Ohio – Ben Harper
8. Don’t Let It Bring You Down – Jackson Browne
9. Broken Arrow – Wilco
10. Lotta Love – Jason Mraz/Shawn Colvin
11. (When You’re On) The Losing End – Elvis Costello
12. Heart Of Gold – James Taylor
13. Down By The River – John Mellencamp/T Bone Burnett
14. Human Highway – Crosby, Stills & Nash
15. Helpless – Elton John/Leon Russell/Neko Case/Sheryl Crow

BONUS PERFORMANCES:
16. Mr. Soul – Ozomatli
17. Revolution Blues – Everest

I had my eye on that too! (And the JT disc is one of the few HD-DVDs I have left that I won't let go.)

Elmer:

This disk will be available through Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/MusiCares-Tri...1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304247179&sr=8-3-fkmr0. Unfortunately their description does not indicate whether the audio mix is stereo or multichannel. I fail to understand why including this bit of information (stereo/multichannel) is not standard procedure.

Justin

I can't speak for Amazon but the press release (link provided in previous post) from Shout Factory ( the studio producing the project) clearly states DTS HD MA Multichannel -

"A MusiCares Tribute to Neil Young Blu-ray is 1080i with 5.1 DTS Master Audio and stereo options and the DVD features 16:9 widescreen video, with 5.1 DTS, 5.1 Dolby Digital and stereo options."

There's no mention anywhere on the packaging or the booklet as to who did the 5.1 mix but the mix is quite good no matter who did it imho.

Great disc even though it's not particularly long.
The left and right guitar work during Down By The River has a real hypnotic effect, sounds fantastic. CSN track was brilliant.

Back