My Quadrophenia HFPA Won't Load!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon US is no longer selling this title. It says "Item Under Review" on the product page. So they must be getting a lot of complaints.

I got my Amazon replacement......and no go, again. I'm clueless.

sorry to hear that...frustrating i'm sure! maybe return for refund and try getting from Bull Moose. thats where i got mine (at the time of initial release too) and have no issues with it. of course that's still no guarantee...

I got mine from amazon.ca and my Oppo BDP-83 kept ejecting the disk whenever I would try to load it. I decided to try it on my Pioneer player, but when I had a closer look at the disk I noticed that it had about a centimeter long crack running 90 degrees from the centre hole. Amazon sent a replacement the next day, and it works perfectly. It could be that the crack problem is more widespread. Have a closer look at the disks.

I arranged a full return/refund from Amazon. They are great, without a doubt.
BUT...............before it gets back to Amazon, OPPO wanted me to send them the disc. So I did that, gladly. They are very interested in checking the disc out, and make any determination of any flaws. Then OPPO will complete the discs journey back to Amazon. I so hope they find something. Time will tell.

just for reference...my 103D plays it fine...hopefully yours is just a run of bad discs and nothing to do with your Oppo...

I got mine from amazon.ca and my Oppo BDP-83 kept ejecting the disk whenever I would try to load it. I decided to try it on my Pioneer player, but when I had a closer look at the disk I noticed that it had about a centimeter long crack running 90 degrees from the centre hole. Amazon sent a replacement the next day, and it works perfectly. It could be that the crack problem is more widespread. Have a closer look at the disks.
Crest Crackers strike again!

The Crest Crackers are notorious but there were SACDs pressed elsewhere (in Europe) before and after DSOTM that cracked at the hubs too (it's just nobody bought those other discs, or at least not in the same numbers as Pink Floyd, so nobody cared!)..

..and Warner seemingly had trouble with DualDisc hubs cracking (if only that was the only trouble they had with them!)..

..funnily/happily I've yet to encounter a Sony single layer SACD, any DVD-Audio (on any label) or DTS CD that has cracked at the hub..

..though I have had an MFSL Gold CD (disc 2 in the Quadrophenia MFSL set) crack right in half :yikes :howl :flame :mad:
(I think its a combination of very thin discs and those stupid latch & lock jewel cases they used to use..?!?)

I received word from OPPO that the disc showed no flaws in playing back on ALL of their models. Oh, well. That's too bad. But I have heard the Quadrophenia HFPA at my friend's, and, IMO, I'm really not missing much buy not having it in my collection. Thanks to everyone here, and everyone at OPPO!

Back