Dual Disc Natasha Bedingfield DD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savageone79

I was going to pick this up becuase from what I have heard of the album online it sounded pretty good but it is only stereo on the dvd side with some videos thrown in :( I ended up buying the regular CD becuase it was on sale for 7.99 while the dualdisc was 16.99. If they are going to charge that much more at least throw in a surround mix! This format is never going anywhere if this keeps up. As for the album it is ok and along the lines of Nelly Furtado and if you like that style check it out.

Savageone79 said:
I was going to pick this up becuase from what I have heard of the album online it sounded pretty good but it is only stereo on the dvd side with some videos thrown in :( I ended up buying the regular CD becuase it was on sale for 7.99 while the dualdisc was 16.99. If they are going to charge that much more at least throw in a surround mix! This format is never going anywhere if this keeps up. As for the album it is ok and along the lines of Nelly Furtado and if you like that style check it out.

I still only have a few DualDiscs. I don't think the format has a chance based on what is coming out. I would buy a lot more if they were DVD-A and had a surround mix instead of the usual Dolby with a pseudo surround mix. Lately for me, SACD is the only thing that is doing it for me.

Guy Robinson said:
I still only have a few DualDiscs. I don't think the format has a chance based on what is coming out. I would buy a lot more if they were DVD-A and had a surround mix instead of the usual Dolby with a pseudo surround mix. Lately for me, SACD is the only thing that is doing it for me.

I agree, I would of course rather have DVD-A or SACD, but if they put anything out in surround on DD, and the mix wasn't reverb in the rears, i would be happy to buy it. As it is I only own 4 DD's, two of which i prefer to listen to the stereo version not the surround. And the two i do listen to in surround aren't all that great either. I even bought a cheap DVD player with optical out to play the DD's on, so i wouldn't harm my good SACD or DVD players. DD has been out for getting close to a year now, I am very dissapionted with them so far. Maybe we will get some good surround mixes in the future, we can always hope.

Back