"Nazareth" any Quad Recordings??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nephilim

Hi, I am looking for a Quad Album "Hair of the Dog" of this Band to add to my collection. I do NOT know if they made any Quad Recordings of any kind Google is coming back with not much??

Did Nazareth have any Quad recordings in the 70's?? I have looked on Ebay as well no go??

There's a dts CD of a 'quad' version of "Close Enough For Rock and Roll" available on the usual sites :)

Can't find any detail about the source though, and it's not listed in the Quadraphonic Discography, so whether it's SQ, QS, Q8 etc I don't know.

R E Faust

I believe Nazareth had broadcast a radio performance in quad back in the day. I don't have a copy of it, but would like to hear it.

Anything you find by the band in "quad" as a download is going to be fake (an upmix). Nazareth never released any album in quad.

The BBC broadcast in discrete 4 channel stereo in 1974 included one studio track by Nazareth. The session was hosted by veteran broadcaster Bob Harris.

The transmission method was to use BBC Radio 2 FM stereo, for the front channels and simultaniously BBC Radio 3 FM stereo for the rear.

I believe the track was called "Bad Bad Boy."

The experiment was part of a much advertised experiment, repeated at Christmas 74 with a four channel drama presentation using the same format and pre dates anything to do with BBC Matrix H and its derivatives!

Best wishes.

That sounded like a Very Cool Experiment ;)

Is there any other Black Sabbath Quad Albums besides "Paranoid"?? the "Quad" Paranoid is going for big bucks on Ebay :(

That sounded like a Very Cool Experiment ;)

Is there any other Black Sabbath Quad Albums besides "Paranoid"?? the "Quad" Paranoid is going for big bucks on Ebay :(

Unfortunately that's the only one, Sabotage was scheduled for release and made it as far as a catalog #, according to the quad discography. However, it was never released.

Code:
BLACK SABBATH -
Sabotage. Warner Bros. BS4-2822 (CD4), L9B-2822 (Q8)

Back