• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need to borrow Sansui CD4 Adjustment Record

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdamico1956

I'm trying to get my 4-channel System ready for putting up for sale. I have a QRX-7500, Dual 510 Turntable, and a Magnavox Quadraphonic 8-Track Receiver for sale. However, I haven't tried the CD4 Built-in Demodulator in the Sansui QRX-7500, so I can't say that it works or not. I would need a Sansui CD4 Adjustment Record to try it out. Do any of you have one of these Adjustment Records I can borrow for a few days? FYI, I use to have a QC-04 Stand-alone Demodulator many years ago, but I sold it, along with the QRX-3500 I had at the time. Please let me know if you have an Adjustment Record I can borrow. Thank you.

Any CD-4 Adjustment record should work the same. I think that the JVC one is about the best. Check Discogs many different alignment records are available.

I understand that they are available for purchase. What I'm asking for is that someone lend me (send me) one so that I can prove that the CD4 Demodulator and Pickering CD4 cartridge I'm wanting to sell work. I don't intend on keeping the Quadraphonic Stereo equipment I have. I think it was interesting when it originally came out, and I think my Sansui QRX-7500 looks very nice, but it is over 40 years old and will probably start giving me problems unless I have the capacitors replaced. Since I don't want to spend the money to have the capacitors replaced (that costs a lot of money) I'm going to try to sell the Quadraphonic Receiver, Quadraphonic 8-Track, and Dual CD4-Turntable with the CD4 stylus in a package deal. I would be happy to pay the shipping (actually postage) of the CD4 Adjustment record in advance.

It's not that I don't care about my equipment. What I'm trying to do is make sure that the person who buys my equipment when I sell it knows what aspects of the receiver work and don't work. I figure the more features of the receiver work the better price I might get for it. I'm still very much involved in repairing electronic equipment for my friends and family as a hobby, however, I do have an overabundance of things in my man cave and I think it's come time for me to find homes for some of it. As far as the Adjustment Record being a rarity, I am willing to pay for it and the shipping and will return it after I finish using it. There was one of these records sold with every Sansui Demodulator, so there is a good chance one is laying around and not being used much.
I'm hoping that some people in this forum enjoy helping other members have success. If asking someone to borrow the Adjustment Record is too much of a favor then I think I'm going to find that out. Here's an example of what I mean: There was a guy named Jim at the QRX Restore facility a while back that helped me troubleshoot my QRX-7500 for free. The guy even sent me a new Level Set potentiometer. He didn't have to do that. After all, the guy refurbishes Sansui Receivers for a living. So I'm asking someone like Jim to do me a favor by lending me a CD4 test record for a few days and I would pay the postage and maybe give them a deposit on the record that would be returned to me after they get it back.

When I bought my CD4 decoder, I sure wish it had come with the adjustment record. Might make for more motivated buyers if the record is sold with the unit.

Back