Never saw one like this!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is kind of an anomaly! It was a late late (1977-80?) pressing, well past the CD-4 salad days. I believe it to be quad as it was a single-inventory item for most of it's catalog life.

There was a final "stereo only" pressing (no CD-4 logos) that might have lasted until 1983.

timbre4

Hard to believe that they did several cuttings of this album but the inner groove info in my butterfly copy is different to the one in my black and red.

How many Quad BODoors were pressed? Any guesses?

re: Doors CD-4 pressings

Domestically, I believe there were 3-4; the inner groove info variation might push that higher.

A Goldmine magazine Doors Discography would be very close if not exact. I have 12 years of issues but they offer only a limited index....

timbre4

I can speak to this as I own this version of the record and purchased it new at Camelot Music in 1986, I think.

Nothing terribly special about this. It's just the last time is was issued on LP and that was the label design they were using at the time. That red and black label was used by Elektra 1984-1989 and I think they put out a different Doors hits package in the late 80's and deleted this one.

As this was only issued in quad (other than a record company version) it makes sence that they'd just keep everything the same. In fact, if this seller had flipped the cover, you'd see that they added a UPC symbol, and otherwise it's the same as earlier issues.

Hope that helps.

Hello CW.

> In fact, if this seller had flipped the cover, you'd see that they added a UPC symbol, and otherwise it's the same as earlier issues.

None of my two red/blacks have an UPC code in the real cover.

*scratches head*

Huh, mine does. Maybe you got a newer label in an older cover. I know companies sometimes printed far more covers than records and continued to use the old covers 'till they were gone.

Just double checked tho, I definately got a UPC on mine.

Back