New Magnetar Blu Ray player has analog outs. $2500

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking about using ADAT to link two audio interfaces together to get more analog channels out, which I think is something that is done especially in studios. But it was a question not a proposal.

I was talking about using ADAT to link two audio interfaces together to get more analog channels out, which I think is something that is done especially in studios. But it was a question not a proposal.
No reason you couldn't. Multiplexed, you can get four channels of 24-bit/96kHz PCM over one ADAT Lightpipe optical cable. At 48/44.1kHz, that increases to eight.

It's a very convenient way to expand analog I/O and keep just a single interface connection. Vs. aggregate device of multiple interfaces. But you can do that too or both. You could use the ADAT connection for only sample rate clock connection (no audio) between two boxes to sync them and then use the analog I/O on both - if that's what you meant. You have to mind clock source with multiple devices and within that you can do what you want.

ADAT is 8 ch for 48k but drops to 4 ch for 96k. 2 ch for 196k.

ADAT ports are all over pro audio devices and solidly here to stay. Great way to keep older stuff in service along with new.
My current rig is MOTU 828mk3 ADAT out -> Apogee Rosetta 800 192k (channels 1-8) and then the MOTU analog outputs 1-4 for channels 9-12.
Those each have 2 ADAT ports so 96k is covered.

Back