David Bowie "Rock 'N' Roll Star" Box Set with Blu-Ray Audio out in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is with the lack of Bowie surround releases in the eight years since his death? I figured for sure there'd be some sort of release program after his passing, but... almost nothing, at least in any non-360 format.

I think I'm most surprised that they put so much effort into the Atmos remixing for the Moonage Daydream documentary and didn't use that tie-in opportunity to get more albums out there. :confused:

I'm not clear on the 5.1 that is on this title. It's identical to something that has already been released on physical media?
Per SDE:

“The blu-ray includes the 2003 5.1 mix”

Bummer…huge missed opportunity for a physical Atmos disc…or at least an “new & improved” 5.1 mix by someone like Mr. Wilson 🫤

I might buy it anyway for the other stuff since this album is SO monumental…but the price would have to come WAY down…sigh…

The import CD price is not bad. I think the last one I was able to get when the prices were fluctuating at 72 the Amazon but that seemed to be not typical behavior for the prices prior to release. Does anyone have any expectation of whether the import CDs price is likely to be beat by any vendor in the US? Or is that likely the best we'll see before or not far after release date? I don't need this the day of release but I don't necessarily want to wait a year after it comes out.

Does anyone have any expectation of whether the import CDs price is likely to be beat by any vendor in the US? Or is that likely the best we'll see before or not far after release date? I don't need this the day of release but I don't necessarily want to wait a year after it comes out.

Bull Moose sometimes has lower prices than Import CDs. However the Import CD's price on this one is significantly lower than list price so I would be surprised if Bull Moose beats it.

The import CD price is not bad. I think the last one I was able to get when the prices were fluctuating at 72 the Amazon but that seemed to be not typical behavior for the prices prior to release. Does anyone have any expectation of whether the import CDs price is likely to be beat by any vendor in the US? Or is that likely the best we'll see before or not far after release date? I don't need this the day of release but I don't necessarily want to wait a year after it comes out.

I have ordered by Crystal Ball but I don't know if it will arrive prior to the release date so I can't give you the answer now!

I'm assuming crystal ball is a joke or is this an actual place? Do you think there's any harm in waiting a few weeks to see for further developments or is the import CD's price likely to go away? Thanks for any guidance.

I'm assuming crystal ball is a joke or is this an actual place? Do you think there's any harm in waiting a few weeks to see for further developments or is the import CD's price likely to go away? Thanks for any guidance.
This is not an import it seems, so importCD will not be dropping this from their preorder status IMO. Yes, their price is likely the best as they are significantly lower than others. Bull Moose still doesn't have it listed, which seems odd. I don't see them coming in lower than importCD. Release data is June 15. You can wait if you need to.

This is not an import it seems, so importCD will not be dropping this from their preorder status IMO. Yes, their price is likely the best as they are significantly lower than others. Bull Moose still doesn't have it listed, which seems odd. I don't see them coming in lower than importCD. Release data is June 15. You can wait if you need to.
But from reports here that the original 5.1 SACD mix, unchanged on this new release, is rather poor multi-channel, "sounds like" its not worth getting if one is interested only in the 5.1 mix!

Back