New Pioneer player BDP-LX90 Blu-ray/SACD/DVD-A announced

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This information shows the upcoming BDP-LX90 handles Blu-ray, SACD and DVD-A and if true, it will be the first player to do so.

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/bdplx90/bdplx90.htm

Chris
Looks fine except for the little object on the side which reads
DETAILS ARE TENTATIVE
Expected UK Release January 2008
Expected price £2500

Now as i do exchange math it seems about 5 grand in USA funny money. Too funny for my blood. I can get a patch bay much cheaper, and throw in 2 new handle only 1 format players besides. Street price better be much less or they will only sell 50 of these babys.

It's a start, but at over $5000 US, I'll stick with what I've got.

I am not buying it either but I do hope it is released, sells better than projected quantities and works well. Eventually similar players could be offered at reasonable prices if all goes well with this initial player. I will have to see it to be believe it exists at this point. The first generation Pioneer player was good and Pioneer made the first generation Sony stand alone player so I expect this player to be very good if it becomes a reality.

Chris

I would expect a analog 5.1 out at that price

Isn't HDMI supposed to replace having to have 3 sets of RCA cables? I would assume that people that can afford this player have/or will buy an HMDI receiver or prepro. I still watch an old CRT :eek:, so I may be very wrong here.

Nice!

If anyone wants to lend me the cash, I will gladly test it out.;)

That is, if it come to be.:smokin

Back