new purchase Lafayette SQ-M

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioheadrox

I just purchased a Lafayette SQ-M decoder on eBay for $11.50 (+shipping). What do you think?

I have read on this board that it has front - back logic which should be an improvement over my current non-logic decoder.

James

I have heard that the Lafayette decoders were rather good, though I have never listened to one. Not as good as a Tate, but better than most of the decoders on the market.

The Quadfather

I've had very good experiences with Lafayette quad equipment, although I'm not familiar with the SQ-M.

AFAIK the SQ-M originally sold for $44.95 and was marketed as an "inexpensive" introduction to SQ decoding, has no logic and around 3db front to back separation.

The model line-up goes something like this :-

SQ-M = Non-logic, $44.95
SQ-L = Front-to-back logic, $79.95
SQ-W = Wavematching full logic with Variblend, $99.95

Hope this helps.

Well, my decoder arrived today. Its definately non-logic. Oh well, it only cost $11. Plus I gained an extra phono preamp, which I was looking for and these normally run for about $50.

Since there seems to be a total lack of info on this unit, I took some pictures of this unit, inside and out. If anybody is interested in some images, please email me at [email protected]

James

Back