Nile Rogers Australian Interview

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Nile had an interview published in Sydney's Daily Telegraph this morning. It's primarily about his 'high-energy, low-tech, life-affirming Australian shows' (in the words of the interviewer) as well as some tit-bits about many of the artists he's worked with over the years. However the final two paragraphs cover spatial audio:
Having seen technology change dramatically over his career, one recent advance he's particularly excited about is spatial audio, a technique adopted by Apple Music and designed to create an immersive experience that gives fans the impression that the sounds are coming from all around and above.

"I believe the technology is going to get better and better because I think when people start to hear it and really appreciate it, things are going to change," he says. "I really believe it's going to be like when we went from mono to stereo."

Given his body of work and relationship with many artists and Steven Wilson, he's a good guy to have on our side!

Back