Old dvd/sacd player still able to play modern DVDAs/SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninecats

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Hi!

A bit newbie on this, I want to use 5.1 in my bedroom, and a friend is basically giving away an old player, Pioneer DV 565A but since it is from 2003 I was wondering if it plays today's dvda's and sacd's and read them properly even if the firmware is old? Or is the information found on today's discs identical to the one found on the early discs from 2000?

Hmmm Snood has a 563-A as a back up............went to an older model Oppo

there were some discs like Tommy The who Dvd-a, Some of the Ttalking Heads Dvd-As and a few others that did not work on it...........but again it was the 563-A - never had a prob with a SACD just a few DVD-A's

If it is freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............why not..........use it an see if you are koo with it, if not, buy an older used nice Oppo like a 980 for like 50 to 70 bux on Ebay and use the Pioneer as a back up.

I think there was a thread somewhere in here that mentioned the probs and discs and why that did not play with some Pioneer players - it was something to do with certain discs authored with certain software..think Neil Wilkes knew something about it.

Thanks for the info Snood! Do you know if there were at least some dvda's that worked? Or even the majority? I am currently using an Oppo dv 980 in my living room which works like a charm. :)

Yes a lot of the older ones did work Queen night...Fleetwood Mac both etc.....dts CDs worked fine......pink floyd dark side and wish sacds.......

I forget at what juncture of newer dvd's I switched but I do remember them playing.....it had to be about a year and half ago......

Like Me said as a free backup.......it sounds koooooo

Aye thanks a bunch, I will give this a try. Many thanks again!

Willsay maybe it was a trick of Snood's ear, but the discs seemed to sound a lot better on the Oppo. Good Luck and enjoy :banana:

free is goooooooooood :cool:

Back