Paul McCartney Archive Collection: "Red Rose Speedway" and "Wild Life"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you are going to be getting this title today...could you let us know how to use the hi rez redemption card...in another post Mike The Fish reported problems using it...and this is a BIG reason I'm getting this set...for the hi rez options.

I used Safari to download the high-res files.
I entered in the URL and then once I got to the webpage, I entered the code.
Then the files were split up into 5 download sections, but all of them downloaded with no issues.
Part 1 is the remastered single album, Parts 2 & 3 are the remastered double album, and Parts 4 & 5 are all the bonus tracks.

I'm glad I got this set when I did because now the price jumped back up to $143, and it now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months"

Anyway, I just finished checking out the Bruce McMouse show Blu-Ray.
There's definitely some discrete sound FX which follows the animated action on screen, but the live audio is almost entirely front with some ambient wraparound to the surround channels, which isn't a big deal because that's exactly how I thought it would be, but anyway, it's a cool little special as it's great to have some really high quality footage and audio of Paul McCartney and Wings performing together at this early stage in their careers.

:)

I used Safari to download the high-res files.
I entered in the URL and then once I got to the webpage, I entered the code.
Then the files were split up into 5 download sections, but all of them downloaded with no issues.
Part 1 is the remastered single album, Parts 2 & 3 are the remastered double album, and Parts 4 & 5 are all the bonus tracks.

Let us know how they sound compared to the standard versions on disc...

Let us know if you get a solution...that download is important to me...
As it happens, I have! I have been recommended by Neurotic (the providers/caretakers) to use a new code with either Firefox or Chrome in a private/incognito window with any ad-block or VPN software disabled. But just to reiterate, I was able to download multiple zips at the same time using Edge.

I just got mine today. Thanks again for the notification of the price drop, no way was I paying over $100 for this, but it's a pretty nice set. Lots of audio and little details in the "box".

It is annoying, however, that just like BOTR and V&M, there is no quadraphonic material. The set should include the quad version of "Live and Let Die". This would have been a perfect spot to include the UA Soundtrack Q8 remastered for BluRay.

It's a shame that these MPL collection releases were not handled by the same folks responsible for the great 5.1 versions created for the "McCartney Years" DVD set.

Let us know if you get a solution...that download is important to me...
As it happens, I have! I have been recommended by Neurotic (the providers/caretakers) to use a new code with either Firefox or Chrome in a private/incognito window with any ad-block or VPN software disabled. But just to reiterate, I was able to download multiple zips at the same time using Edge.

It worked! I did start two downloads at the same time (that's all I hadn't managed to get) and it was fine using Firefox as advised. Still only around 1MB/s download speed.

Last edited:
I'm less enamored with this set...so much so that I've already found a new home for it...for those receiving their sets...be careful when you extract the discs from the sleeves...2 of my discs had scratches on them...they are not tightly secured in the box set so I imagine that amazon's decision not to fill the entire shipping box with material to keep it from sliding back and forth might be the culprit...my bonus video DVD has a peculiar black spot on it that I couldn't clean off...I have no idea what that is...IMO the video portion included is more filler than anything else....you have to be a diehard fan or close relative to appreciate that...the bonus video of Live and Let Die in Liverpool is scraping the bottom of the barrel....the band looks like ghosts and the audio is distorted...like a bad home movie.....it's not all bad as the music on the CDs wasn't bad and if the hi rez option turns out to improve the sound even a little....the sound portion of this set could be much better and the set a better deal

I hope others enjoy the set...I was a little skeptical about this one...but at the price point it was worth a try...and McMouse isn't bad for what it is...

I'm less enamored with this set...so much so that I've already found a new home for it...for those receiving their sets...be careful when you extract the discs from the sleeves...2 of my discs had scratches on them...they are not tightly secured in the box set so I imagine that amazon's decision not to fill the entire shipping box with material to keep it from sliding back and forth might be the culprit...my bonus video DVD has a peculiar black spot on it that I couldn't clean off...I have no idea what that is...IMO the video portion included is more filler than anything else....you have to be a diehard fan or close relative to appreciate that...the bonus video of Live and Let Die in Liverpool is scraping the bottom of the barrel....the band looks like ghosts and the audio is distorted...like a bad home movie.....it's not all bad as the music on the CDs wasn't bad and if the hi rez option turns out to improve the sound even a little....the sound portion of this set could be much better and the set a better deal

I hope others enjoy the set...I was a little skeptical about this one...but at the price point it was worth a try...and McMouse isn't bad for what it is...

Sounds like another 'land filler' Clinty. Three RBCDs and DVD ........ way behind the Imagine box set which includes 2 BDs and A QUAD and 5.1 remix of Imagine and the second BD with the wildly discrete bonus extras.

I am shocked since Sergeant Pepper and the White Album are 5.1 remixes, McCartney didn't see fit to at least include a 5.1 remix of the core album......instead we get McCartney 'doodles....'

I was tempted to purchase this set at the much reduced $84 AmazonUS price [I even have a $100 Amazon gift card].....but since I really have run out of physical storage space ....... I passed....and settled for the subpar Japanese MQA encoded UHQCDs of ALL THINGS MUST PASS.

Last edited:
Well it is Paul - he tends to run high on all his box sets. :rolleyes: Snood got them all so far.......but really looking forward stilllll to Back To The Egg!!!!

But 'Billionaire' Paul should have some empathy for his zealous fans and include 5.1 hi res remixes if he's going to do it right and stop doodling around.......It's 2019, Snood, and with the SURROUND RENAISSANCE, the former Beatle should get on the bandwagon and find a remix engineer to remix ALL his SOLO output.

As Jon Urban pointed out ...... ever since the fabulous 3 DVD set in spectacular 5.1 of THE McCartney Years [and yet NO BD~V remaster...what's with THAT], McCartney has stepped away from SURROUND.

But 'Billionaire' Paul should have some empathy for his zealous fans and include 5.1 hi res remixes if he's going to do it right and stop doodling around.......It's 2019, Snood, and with the SURROUND RENAISSANCE, the former Beatle should get on the bandwagon and find a remix engineer to remix ALL his SOLO output.

He Won't :confused: at least not until he runs through his boxset for every album thing :unsure:

and that is why John was always best Beatle :rocks

Sounds like another 'land filler' Clinty. Three RBCDs and DVD ........ way behind the Imagine box set which includes 2 BDs and A QUAD and 5.1 remix of Imagine and the second BD with the wildly discrete bonus extras.

I am shocked since Sergeant Pepper and the White Album are 5.1 remixes, McCartney didn't see fit to at least include a 5.1 remix of the core album......instead we get McCartney 'doodles....'

I was tempted to purchase this set at the much reduced $84 AmazonUS price [I even have a $100 Amazon gift card].....but since I really have run out of physical storage space ....... I passed....and settled for the subpar Japanese MQA encoded UHQCD of ALL THINGS MUST PASS.

The contents includes 6 discs...which is a little misleading...3CDs and 2DVDs and a "token" blu ray....I use that word because despite the massive storage capability...the only thing that is on the blu ray is the McMouse show...same with the DVD...so you have a DVD and a Blu Ray disc...both with the same content...which didn't come close to capacity for either disc....to be candid the blu ray was not even needed....the "so called" advantage was supposed to be the sound quality...but considering the source material... it was like putting lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig...nobody is going to mistake this for the 2007 3DVD The McCartney Years set...which can still be purchased at a fraction of the cost of this set...

As Jon mentioned the absence of a quad...the easiest material to include on this blu ray was sitting right in front of them...instead of a redemption card for hi rez versions of the songs in this set....they could have put them on the blu ray...but they opted not to go that route....As much as I think this was a flop...there are those fans that will love this set and cherish the video portions...even despite the poor video quality....I hope someone on here lets us know about the hi rez versions of the music on this set...that could turn things around considerably for people like me...

The contents includes 6 discs...which is a little misleading...3CDs and 2DVDs and a "token" blu ray....I use that word because despite the massive storage capability...the only thing that is on the blu ray is the McMouse show...same with the DVD...so you have a DVD and a Blu Ray disc...both with the same content...which didn't come close to capacity for either disc....to be candid the blu ray was not even needed....the "so called" advantage was supposed to be the sound quality...but considering the source material... it was like putting lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig...nobody is going to mistake this for the 2007 3DVD The McCartney Years set...which can still be purchased at a fraction of the cost of this set...

As Jon mentioned the absence of a quad...the easiest material to include on this blu ray was sitting right in front of them...instead of a redemption card for hi rez versions of the songs in this set....they could have put them on the blu ray...but they opted not to go that route....As much as I think this was a flop...there are those fans that will love this set and cherish the video portions...even despite the poor video quality....I hope someone on here lets us know about the hi rez versions of the music on this set...that could turn things around considerably for people like me...

But for 'fossilized people' like me who don't download, by NOT including the hi res downloads on physical disc .... of which you state there WAS plenty of real estate on the included BD......is pointless. The 96/24 files could've easily have been accommodated on the BD....so why not include them?

And GOS was the coolest Beatle:eek:o_O:unsure::dance

Metallic_shield_bug444.jpg

A DAY IN THE LIFE

Back