Penteo Consumer Version Limited Run

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see a side by side comparison of the Penteo vs a Quad Bob restored VM QS unit. From earlier posts about having to extensively "clean up" stereo mixes before the Penteo can properly decode them https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=57014&postcount=91 , my money is on QS, which sounds excellent from unalterd source material.

If you go to the Penteo web site, they let you download a free sampler of Stereo songs before and after Penteo processing.

You could use that with QS, SQ, Dolby Pro Logic II, etc processors and circuits for comparison.

Hi John, any updates on this? Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay -- we were at the Audio Engineering Society show in New York all last week. We're putting together several versions of the /RT box for professional use, and we're licensing the code to several pro equipment vendors. We really don't have any way of mass producing the units yet, since each one is hand built and goes for a few thousand dollars.

One thing that will happen within the next couple months are full-time Penteo-based 5.1 streaming radio stations using the Fraunhofer and Orban HE-AAC codecs. As these get closer to availability, I'll let you know. There are some test streams already up, and they're spectacular.

And of course I'll keep you posted as soon as any consumer products become close. We're here for the long haul.

-John

Sorry for the delay -- we were at the Audio Engineering Society show in New York all last week. We're putting together several versions of the /RT box for professional use, and we're licensing the code to several pro equipment vendors. We really don't have any way of mass producing the units yet, since each one is hand built and goes for a few thousand dollars.

One thing that will happen within the next couple months are full-time Penteo-based 5.1 streaming radio stations using the Fraunhofer and Orban HE-AAC codecs. As these get closer to availability, I'll let you know. There are some test streams already up, and they're spectacular.

And of course I'll keep you posted as soon as any consumer products become close. We're here for the long haul.

-John

What will a consumer need to hear the 5.1 broadcasts ?

What will a consumer need to hear the 5.1 broadcasts ?

For now, a PC with a downloadable HE-AAC plugin for Windows Media Player, with an appropriate 5.1 sound card. Eventually manufacturers are expected to include the whole kitten caboodle in a WiFi home entertainment receiver.

For now, a PC with a downloadable HE-AAC plugin for Windows Media Player, with an appropriate 5.1 sound card. Eventually manufacturers are expected to include the whole kitten caboodle in a WiFi home entertainment receiver.

OK. I'll watch for more details.

Back