Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting development. Like every one else has already said, it would probably include: A Momentary Lapse of Reason, maybe Delicate Sounds of Thunder, The Division Bell, maybe Pulse, and maybe The Endless River.
Maybe outtakes and demos from the studio albums, and maybe the rest of the Big Spliff too, or a bigger chunk of it than has come out as The Endless River. That seems a little bit light for a boxed set...
It's heavier than you imagined. :cool:

I wonder if there are any plans to create another compilation for David's solo stuff. The restored Channel 4 video posted this week in PF's YouTube looks amazing:

I'm positive they're not going to include them... but it would be great if they would add to the box all of David's and Rick's solo works.

I wonder if there are any plans to create another compilation for David's solo stuff. The restored Channel 4 video posted this week in PF's YouTube looks amazing:

I'm positive they're not going to include them... but it would be great if they would add to the box all of David's and Rick's solo works.

Not gonna happen.

Wow, that is A LOT better than the studio version that song. It actually cooks!

Plus a thousand...Waters tried to make it all about politics and Gilmour grew tired of it...his obsession with the Falklands War and Margaret Thatcher was the final straw on the final cut...

Final Cut is the concise and brilliant album that the sprawling and highly overrated Wall isn't. I'd love to hear a surround mix (and compare it with the 'holophonic sound' of the original)

I can't possibly agree with that assessment. Gilmour's not in good voice, here, and the synth horns are just bad.

Let me be clear, I hated the studio track of that song. Hate hate hated it. Hated it more than anything Floyd-related, ever. It had become a "I hate it so much I sometimes play it for people so we can be all 'wow this is baaaad'" together type of track.

This live version surprised me, because there were a few parts I really enjoyed. The delay guitar thing was definitely overused by Gilmour, but I can hear the bones of a much better song.

I am not going to defend the synth horns, but I hated the "kick horns" on the studio track much MUCH more, and the annoying spoken word bit (paraphrased) "I don't usually go down for the funky sort of thing, but when the mood strikes, I can get down with the best of them" bit before the guitar solo. ugh! and like four years after disco had up and died.

Let me be clear, I hated the studio track of that song. Hate hate hated it. Hated it more than anything Floyd-related, ever. It had become a "I hate it so much I sometimes play it for people so we can be all 'wow this is baaaad'" together type of track.
Whoa... Them's some strong feelings for something someone else wrote and recorded. But I get it. The production isn't for everyone.

Expect all studio and live releases in 5.1 (previous mixes of DB, PULSE and TER should be the same) with the exception of one live show which has been remastered in stereo.
Is this going to be on the same scale as the Early Years set? Lots of bonus material?

Reactions: GOS
Back