Pioneer DV-563A firmware campaign

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its good to be back, miserable 3 years, loss of family members, financial difficulties, and having to sell much of my gear and record collection. Accidentally stumbled across this thread when trolling the net about firmware updates, took 5 CD-R's to finally make the ISO work but finally succeeded. For those who don't have DVD Decryptor you will have to use an alternate site as Macrovision has purchased the origional and pulled it off the net, but there is a realtime downloable at MrBass.com that worked and is free. My Firmware was 1.3 version now is 1.9 was unaware of problem till I read this entire thread as don't have that many SACD's or DVD-Audios, as per one comment load and access seem to be quicker and had to redo all set ups but so far no problems. Thanks to all for their diligence and ingenuity.

Not sure if this an old idea, but it seems that when I last ripped some DVD's for archival purposes, the region coding could be removed as well. I am just now thinking of ordering some DVD's that are only available in PAL, and have done little research. You would still have to deal with any PAL/NTSC problems.

Hi all,

I am in the same boat with XICO.

My Pioneer DV-563A was region 0 and after updated with firmware 1.906 it turned region 1 and does't play region 4 discs anymore.
Does anyone has a firmware (may be a old one) that turns this player region free?

Thank You.

For those who don't have DVD Decryptor you will have to use an alternate site as Macrovision has purchased the origional and pulled it off the net, but there is a realtime downloable at MrBass.com that worked and is free.

Actually, you can use ImgBurn which is by the same person that developed DVDDecryptor but better. This utility, of course, does not include the ripping feature of DVDDecryptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back