Pioneer to exit audio/video business? RIP Pioneer

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a lot of Pioneer kit over the years. My first CD/SACD/DVD-A Universal player was Pioneer, and last year I bought the 'Air studios tweaked' SC-LX86 A/V amp and really it. So its a shame they're pulling out of the business.

At a Chinese QQ goup I've read (google translated) that Pioneer BDP-LX58 player (an Oppo 103 competitor) is listed there in November (lx58 11月上市). I don't know if it's real or fake.

Hate to say it, I still see Samsung and LG as subpar brands. Especially in light of my sister's 60" Samsung TV going out of commission tonight a second time since purchased new 15 months ago....and only 3 months since last repair. I remember my parents' Sony Trinitron TVs never needing any kind of service even after being used for 12 years.

They are sub-par still. Both brands are made by the South Korean Govt.. The reason they are 'popular" is they produce thousands, flood the market-(wally world) with shitty features that "dazzle" and good ads. Then, combined with the "on sale" bull-shit, people are sucked in.
You never see a Sony discounted- or any well made TV. I have a Sony CRT HD that is huge-heavy, but that sucker is the TV you want for reliability and PQ. Today, I think they all suck. Every brand are just throw always, too costly to fix.
The reason I keep my monster CRT.

Back