Poco SACD won't load!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e928f73ab4834e464613627ce00f6ca1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! Yep....only, I'm pretty dense about all this. I got the cover off, per instructions. Next, they tell me to remove "between 2 or 3 small screws per side" on the loader. Well, per my picture, there is a silver "cover" that has 6 small screws......I removed them...but what I see below that is foreign to me. But, there are 4 screws on the sides of the whole loader assembly....but when I take them off...the whole loader assembly can be lifted...but only by a half inch or so as there are wire "harnesses" that keep it from lifting any higher....

I'm lost....and certainly don't want to mess this up. I emailed them back with my concerns over my lack of confidence.....waiting for reply. Geez...

LOL! Yep....only, I'm pretty dense about all this. I got the cover off, per instructions. Next, they tell me to remove "between 2 or 3 small screws per side" on the loader. Well, per my picture, there is a silver "cover" that has 6 small screws......I removed them...but what I see below that is foreign to me. But, there are 4 screws on the sides of the whole loader assembly....but when I take them off...the whole loader assembly can be lifted...but only by a half inch or so as there are wire "harnesses" that keep it from lifting any higher....

I'm lost....and certainly don't want to mess this up. I emailed them back with my concerns over my lack of confidence.....waiting for reply. Geez...

Just take your time...step by step...you will get it done...

I see 6 screws on the top of the loader cover. Did you remove them and try sliding the cover back? It should come off. Hopefully, you don’t have a disc inserted because that may cause an issue.
Yes, I took those 6 screws off....only as I say...what I see below it doesn't show me any laser......makes me think I didn't remove the right screws...

So, there was another silver plate, that had 2 screws that needed removed. Once I did that, then I see the laser. Oppo didn't tell me about that additional step. They probably figured I knew that...which obviously I didn't.

Anyway, swabbed the parts down they told me...and no dice. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you the cost. It’s called out of warranty repair. $99 covers labor, parts and shipping back to me. I also have to pay shipping to them. Easily worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bargain....IMO...I've had my 103D 4 years(in a few days)and I think you had yours about the same time....

Not a bad repair cost at all.

The fact that they even offer an out of warranty service is pretty impressive....I had a major problem with my Denon receiver almost 5 years after I purchased it...but I had an extended warranty in place that fixed it...but all Denon wanted to do was sell me another one:(

The fact that they even offer an out of warranty service is pretty impressive....I had a major problem with my Denon receiver almost 5 years after I purchased it...but I had an extended warranty in place that fixed it...but all Denon wanted to do was sell me another one:(
That’s usually a typical behaviour of big companies if you ask me.

Indeed impressive by Oppo.

Back