Poco SACD won't load!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why it’s important to have a back up plan player. o_O:whistle:
I do have a backup....I bought a 203 a few months ago....and haven't even plugged it in yet. My dilemma is I need the 103 for ripping......I don't do physical disks much any more.....this would be just bad if it can't be repaired. Well....I'm sure it can be repaired....OPPO will make it right...one way or another

Have you tried clearing your persistent storage?

"Erase Persistent Storage from time to time
Do Device Setup -> Persistent Storage -> Erase Persistent Storage."​

Ostensibly it's for BluRay discs/issues, but worth trying. Make sure your firmware is up to date as well.

Have you tried clearing your persistent storage?

"Erase Persistent Storage from time to time
Do Device Setup -> Persistent Storage -> Erase Persistent Storage."​

Ostensibly it's for BluRay discs/issues, but worth trying. Make sure your firmware is up to date as well.
Hmmm - no. Didn't know anything about that. I'll give that a try as well. Yep, FW is up to date.

I do have a backup....I bought a 203 a few months ago....and haven't even plugged it in yet. My dilemma is I need the 103 for ripping......I don't do physical disks much any more.....this would be just bad if it can't be repaired. Well....I'm sure it can be repaired....OPPO will make it right...one way or another

You could connect both your Oppo's and just use the 103 for ripping and the 203 for everything else..

I'd suggest going through a factory reset using the setup menu. This will return all your settings to defaults. If that doesn't help, break out the 203 and enjoy your Poco while you await Oppo's response.

I'd suggest going through a factory reset using the setup menu. This will return all your settings to defaults. If that doesn't help, break out the 203 and enjoy your Poco while you await Oppo's response.
Yeah - I knew that was an option....guess I really should try it. Certainly cannot hurt.

I get extended warranties from time to time....but never have with Oppo. :censored:

That's one of the advantages of buying on amazon...most of the longer term(4 or 5 year)warranties are only available if you purchase the item on amazon....because I waited too long to buy the 203 I'm without an extended warranty for the first time

Reactions: GOS
It's most likely that the CD/SACD/DVD laser assembly has gone bad. Your Blu-rays are still playing because they use a separate laser. I had the same problem with my BDP-95 a couple years back (out of warranty, naturally) and OPPO replaced the entire loader assembly.

Reactions: GOS
It's most likely that the CD/SACD/DVD laser assembly has gone bad. Your Blu-rays are still playing because they use a separate laser. I had the same problem with my BDP-95 a couple years back (out of warranty, naturally) and OPPO replaced the entire loader assembly.
Yeah - honestly, I assume it's something major like that. I will pay "whatever" to get it fixed. Love my 103....

Have you tried inserting the USB with the command needed for ripping to see if the tray opens? I’m just wondering if it will still rip an ISO of an SACD.

Have you tried inserting the USB with the command needed for ripping to see if the tray opens? I’m just wondering if it will still rip an ISO of an SACD.
Well, well. Actually, trying to rip Poco earlier is how I figured out something was amiss. Tray opened, place disc......click extract......and I got an error message from Sonore. Then the rest...is history....

Hmmm - single layer huh? Any main/stream single layer titles you can tell me? I'm not up on such terminologies.

Yes, there are lots.
I tried Cheap Thrills by Joplin recently when my pioneer wouldn't read a hybrid sacd ....just cd .....and it got the ball rollin again.
So any Sony single layer should be tried . Surely you have a few SACD only discs . (Johnny Cash Folsom , comes to mind btw ).

i get where fizzy is coming from, its got to be worth a try to load up a non-hybrid disc, like any one of the earlier Sony U.S. SACDs (Blow By Blow Stereo or MCh, Boston, Thriller, 3+3, Ship Ahoy, Ginuwine, JT Hourglass, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amanda Marshall, Kelly Rowland, Mary Mary, Macy Gray, etc) they're all single layer

i get where fizzy is coming from, its got to be worth a try to load up a non-hybrid disc, like any one of the earlier Sony U.S. SACDs (Blow By Blow Stereo or MCh, Boston, Thriller, 3+3, Ship Ahoy, Ginuwine, JT Hourglass, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Amanda Marshall, Kelly Rowland, Mary Mary, Macy Gray, etc) they're all single layer

I don't think that is going to work because he tried a CD and a DVD-A...which are controlled by the same laser...and the laser responsible for Blu ray discs works fine...so IMO it's that specific laser that is a problem..

Back