Porcupine Tree Live Album this year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It would seem that the next PT release is to be a full 2 hour live show on DVD.
Filmed in HD (but to be released in standard NTSC DVD-Video format), it will contain the whole show in glorious 5.1, along with some nice extras.
Rumour has it that it could - just possibly - also include a DVD-Audio version of the show.

Here's hoping.

" also include a DVD-Audio version of the show."

How sweet would that be :) Any chance of getting that confirmed definitely ??

It would also benefit the band themselves if the Dvd-V/Dvd-A version was only available from their website , much like the current CD/Dvd-A version of Stupid Dream.

~M~

Im in, where do i order;) .

This band are rapidly becoming one of my favories not only recording for surround (deadwing) but actually releasing stuff as well.

Bananas are a dancin'
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

rusinurbe said:
Im in, where do i order;) .

Nowhere yet - It's still in the discussion stage right now.
The only definite thing is that there WILL be a 2 hour live show on DVD, with DTS audio as a definite.
DVD-A is being discussed - but would up the replication costs due to the necessity of a 2 disc release, with both discs being DVD9.

Neil,
I think I read on their forum somewhere that there was to be a fair amount of documentary material ( edited by Lasse Hoile who does their menu schemes) set to be included as bonus material on this set , so that could mean that the Dvd-A version might tip it to a 3-disc limited edition ( not that that would slow me down for a minute :)

~M~

neil wilkes said:
... live show on DVD, with DTS audio as a definite.
DVD-A is being discussed
In this case I would opt for the only the DVD-Video. (I know it's not a poll, just give my thoughts). I'm glad it will have DTS (as I usually prefer that for music on DVD-V). I even might play it occasionally without the TV screen on, but I wouldn't need both.
To bundle a DVD-A with a DVD-V, that is the main feature, would add nothing for the biggest portion of the buyers (that have no DVD-A player).

On the other hand, if you can help make sure that "Lightbulb Sun" will be DVD-A, I'd appreciate that a lot.

There is a bit of news on the DVD on the website and a teaser is up on their new myspace page - looks like a september release.

Back