Porcupine Tree Live Blu-ray Coming Up

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetiz, the first Blu-ray release from progressive rock band Porcupine Tree, doesn't come out on Blu-ray until June 29, but it is already sold out at Amazon.com. The product page at the Internet retailer displays the message: "We have sold through our allocation of the Anesthetize DVD + Blu-ray Edition. The Anesthetize single-disc DVD edition [due out on June 15] is still available to order."

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4740

Blu-Ray is no longer available at Burning Shed either. You can however still get from Amazon.ca if you hurry

Blu-Ray is no longer available at Burning Shed either. You can however still get from Amazon.ca if you hurry

Burning Shed told me (today) that the BRD/DVD combo is coming but not available for pre-order yet. Said to watch the newsletter for more info.
Or do you mean the "special" packages?

I guess you are right. It is the special package that is gone, but why not have the regular Blu-ray up for preorder when Amazon.ca does, and Amazon.com did but is now sold out?

DeepDiscount.com has this for preorder $18.99 including shipping.

Last edited:
Listened to this a few times over the weekend. Songs are played very well (of course, they are all great musicians). Main vocals by Steven Wilson, and John Wesley singing harmony and some lead parts. The sound is great. The 2cds as well as the bluray (have not popped in the dvd).

The 5.1 is a real SW mix. Keyboards nicely placed across the speakers, with Barbieri adding some nice touches to the originals. Guitars from Wesley mixed in the left front and surround speaker, SWs guitar mixed in the right front and surround speaker. Drums and bass are also in the center speaker, as well as the vocals.

ll in all a great set.

For those who like to dive into Wilsons musical past, Tonefloat has all the IEM cds in a beautiful box, http://www.crazy-diamond.nl/tonefloat/html/store.htm. Mostly instruemental music.

BurningShed has finally put a release date (the 21st) for the digibook edition and made it available for preorder.

Just ordered, thanks.
This will be my first BD. Too bad I only have a 2.1 system in the house. Should look great, but that's all. The DVD in my car though is another story!

Well, I've watched/listened to a bunch more of this set and I'd have to say it's fantastic - probably as good as you'll get to experiencing PT live without actually being there, especially if yu gave the opportunity to really crank it up.

Oh, and I got the IEM box in the post this week too...great stuff and well worth the price if you follow Steven Wilson's varied musical endeavours.

I sprung for a DVD/BR set dont have a blu ray player but might at some time if I the releases on Blu Ray become more interesting than the blockbuster stuff generally available, which I have no interest in. Its the first BR release I have been even remotly tempted by.
Anyway I digress,
Love the DVD, sound is great picture is good mix is as usualy excellent.

Agree about the IEM box as well basically teh last hole in my Steven Wilson collection filled.

I'm surprised that more hasn't been said about this or that a poll hasn't been started. Everytime that I think that I have heard the best BR concert another one comes around to top the previous "best" one. Well this one tops them all. It is the 100th concert BR that I have purchased and it is also the best one in my collection. The audio is astounding and should be played very loud. It's a 10 all around. Just because 10 is the highest. All previous BR music discs that I rated at 10 should be moved down a few notches. The regular DVD of this concert which I have also watched a few times pales in comparison and will now be retired.

I'm bound to second that. Everything about this BD is good: Camera shots, mix, sound quality, selection of songs, package... When the concert ended, I just fumbled with the RC and started it over again. Astonishing release.

About 60% through and it is stunning. Won't waste time with all the superlatives. Amazing! Gavin Harrison is a mother f-er! Lasse Hoile needs to win an award for this!

Bad news - My preorder from deepdiscount.com since 10 June is still on backorder, and they can't even give me a ship date.
Good news - Blu-Ray version is back in stock at amazon for $18.49! Not waiting another minute - So now I will eventually have two copies...

My Amazon order was cancelled by the vendor, I went to DeepDiscount and saw it was out of stock so I went to the Burning Shed website and ordered it there. Hopefully I'll get it.

Back