Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectors' Choice are still taking back orders, but have upped their price (today) to $243.09 😕:

https://www.ccmusic.com/air-born-th...t-includes-27-cds-and-5-blu-rays/600753989425
Welp, so much for my earlier backorder:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.

Unfortunately, we are not able to fill the item(s) below. Since this was cancelled from your order, your credit card will not be charged. If you pre-paid your order using PayPal we will issue a refund shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We encourage you to consider another item from our product selection and to shop with us again.

If you have any questions about your order, please send an e-mail to our customer service department at: [email protected] or call 630-919-2247 M-F 8a-7p CT, Sat 9a-5p
DETAILS FOR CANCELED ITEMS
QtyItem #DescriptionPrice
12600136XCAMEL - AIR BORN: THE MCA & DECCA YEARS 1973-1984183.58

They are still taking backorders at the new higher price. I'm going to see if I can't shame them into honoring mine. Wish me luck! 🤞

Last edited:
Hello all - hey, just so I'm not crazy here, I've listened to many versions of The Snow Goose over the years, and depending on the pressing, there's sometimes an audible click/pop right at the end of Track 2 (Rhayader) into Track 3 (Rhayader Goes To Town), or sometimes like a little dropout/doubling effect, which kinda drives me nuts because it's such an awesome transition.

I'm not having that issue with the stereo version in this box, but I AM having it with the 5.1—on the disc itself (playing from a Sony UBP-X700 into a Marantz SR8015), and then I tried ripping it to see if I would have the same issues there, and I also consistently hear it, at 3:02 in track 2, playing in JRiver on a Mac over to the Marantz. I'm going a little crazy trying to troubleshoot but will stop that if others are also hearing it and it's just on the source file. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Hello all - hey, just so I'm no crazy here, I've listened to many versions of The Snow Goose over the years, and depending on the pressing, there's sometimes an audible click/pop right at the end of Track 2 (Rhayader) into Track 3 (Rhayader Goes To Town), or sometimes like a little dropout/doubling effect, which kinda drives me nuts because it's such an awesome transition.

I'm not having that issue with the stereo version in this box, but I AM having it with the 5.1—on the disc itself (playing from a Sony UBP-X700 into a Marantz SR8015), and then I tried ripping it to see if I would have the same issues there, and I also consistently hear it, at 3:02 in track 2, playing in JRiver on a Mac over to the Marantz. I'm going a little crazy trying to troubleshoot but will stop that if others are also hearing it and it's just on the source file. Thanks for your help!
I just played it, listened very carefully and never heard anything untoward

OK great, thank you very much - kept troubleshooting and on the ripped side was able to confirm this was because of the overkill/overzealous settings around track transitions in JRiver, in the playback options setting. Left to defaults, it introduces a click; depending on the other curves and options it does some very undesirable things, but a smooth cross fade of 0.1 seconds helped it all play very smoothly and I also verified there's no artifact on the file itself in an editor. Sorry for the fire drill but if this helps any others who listen through JRiver, all good! I also now can't reproduce using the stereo disc itself. Ghost in the machine, baby. Onward!

Last edited:
After 3 attempts to order the box (all of wich were canceled because the sellers had to admit they couldn't say if or when they would be able to deliver) I finally got it from jpc.de.

It was announced as a reprint, to be delivered at the end of February, seems they got it earlier then expected. The price is € 169 including shipping. Order is limited to 1 copy per customer and it's only shipped inside the EU.

What can I say...it was well worth the effort. So far I only listened to the 5.1 mix of Moonmadness (saw them perform the complete album live in 2018) and it's just awesome.

Omg - I almost forgot that I ordered this from Compact Disc Services at a good price and, although they were out, they stated they would send it after a repressing in February. Lo and behold it arrived (packed extremely well) today. Can't wait to check out this huge boxset!!

Its weird how you cant buy this from the normal vendors just a few online sellers......Although the set is made in the Czech republic my copy came from Scotland where the seller is.
And yes Amazon has one collectable set for $749.
I see Gos's name on it.

Its weird how you cant buy this from the normal vendors just a few online sellers......Although the set is made in the Czech republic my copy came from Scotland where the seller is.
And yes Amazon has one collectable set for $749.
I see Gos's name on it.
Jeffie, are you certain that listing is not for ONE USED CAMEL 🐫 who only drinks Perrier water, exclusively, every 7 days?

Im still looking for a seller to Australia, i missed out on the jpc pre order and now they only ship to the EU for this box set

No longer available from LaserCD. I wonder if they pre-sold their allotment or they can't get it. I didn't pre-order but I was planning to order from this site. I would think a repress would be in sufficient numbers to satisfy the demand, which seems to be greater than the label anticipated.

I just checked and no longer available from Compact Disc Services where I bought mine and just received
Must have been a very small repressing and it appears to be gone now

You will have to wait for Gos to sell his copy.

• Love
Reactions: GOS
I just ordered from udiscovermusic, not willing to fool around anymore looking for a good price. They're showing a release date of March 29, but I see some of you just received yours, which must be from the repress. I don't get it.

Well, ImportCDs cancelled my order last week, no explanation given, just an apology. My order with Amazon cancelled out today also with just an apology. So, I tried Grooves in Germany which I've used several times, and they've been excellent. The cost this time is $184.90 shipped which averages about a $25.00 savings over the other two orders. I'll feel pretty relieved when this is finally over.

Well, ImportCDs cancelled my order last week, no explanation given, just an apology. My order with Amazon cancelled out today also with just an apology. So, I tried Grooves in Germany which I've used several times, and they've been excellent. The cost this time is $184.90 shipped which averages about a $25.00 savings over the other two orders. I'll feel pretty relieved when this is finally over.
Thanks, just ordered from Groovesland too, 3 left in stock

Back