Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reactions: GOS
Congrats, @Stephen W Tayler!
FB_IMG_1706877294463.jpg

How did The Who "Who's Next" not make this list?
I have a thought on that.
My personal reason, as Who's Next, not my top 10 list for 2023 either.
I think, just speaking for myself, my reason is that Who's Next is oversaturated in my life.
The anticipation of the release was so huge, coming in Atmos, that when the big box came, way too expensive and over bloated with the books and I finally pressed play, my reaction was, I know these songs to well and it is not a NEW THING for me.
I have had all versions of Who's Next, have heard every song a million times on the radio, many TV shows and TV commercials.
So when this overpriced box came, in the end it was kind of Blah, my favorite disc of the box set was CD1.
All that said, I think I would really love a ATMOS version of Quadrophenia, more than Who's Next.
I have all on that top 10 list, except Horslips, never even heard of them?
The 9 that I have on the top 10 list just seem to be more fresh and new than Who's Next.

I have a thought on that.
My personal reason, as Who's Next, not my top 10 list for 2023 either.
I think, just speaking for myself, my reason is that Who's Next is oversaturated in my life.
The anticipation of the release was so huge, coming in Atmos, that when the big box came, way too expensive and over bloated with the books and I finally pressed play, my reaction was, I know these songs to well and it is not a NEW THING for me.
I have had all versions of Who's Next, have heard every song a million times on the radio, many TV shows and TV commercials.
So when this overpriced box came, in the end it was kind of Blah, my favorite disc of the box set was CD1.
All that said, I think I would really love a ATMOS version of Quadrophenia, more than Who's Next.
I have all on that top 10 list, except Horslips, never even heard of them?
The 9 that I have on the top 10 list just seem to be more fresh and new than Who's Next.
All good points but the same could be said for PF TDSOTM.
And the Rush box set was the worst deal of the bunch given the cost ($230) vs. the content (at least compared to Who's Next).

Back to Camel any confirmation the box set will be repressed? Sorry but Im not paying $749 to get one....

Back to Camel any confirmation the box set will be repressed? Sorry but Im not paying $749 to get one....
I'll sell you my copy for 600. lmao. Sorry, just kidding. I'm keeping mine. So far. No hints....no really. I won't sell mine cheap. Well, maybe not. No, I won't....don't ask. Well, you can ask.

This box set is probably my absolute favourite in my extensive collection. I have The Pineapple Thief "How Did We Find Our Way" which is in the same ball park but Air Born came completely out of the blue and I had no expectation of any Camel albums being remixed like this. I did anticipate that Bruce Soord would treat us to his very fine early albums with his later albums being in 5.1.

I think I have previously joined everyone else in thanking Stephen W Tayler for his sublime mixes of the Camel albums so perfectly. I would like to also send my heartfelt thanks to the person or persons in UMG with the vision to bring this remarkable set into being. Whoever it was must be a huge Camel fan and I think should also receive a QQ knighthood along with SWT! 😀

I'll sell you my copy for 600. lmao. Sorry, just kidding. I'm keeping mine. So far. No hints....no really. I won't sell mine cheap. Well, maybe not. No, I won't....don't ask. Well, you can ask.
we will wait you out. you'll want a shiney new audio piece and - bam ! - Gene is selling discs and box sets.
afterall, you ARE due for a new turntable Gene......wink

Back