Porcupine Tree - new live Blu-Ray coming later this year!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have reordered from here:

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/0196588303999-closurecontinuation-live
Hopefully this time I get it instead of the snub from Juno who said they couldn't get it.
I have ordered from rarewaves on ebay and amazon but first time ordering from their own site and think I will try them some more, they don't have the quickest shipping but can't complain as they are lowest shipping charge as well. Was only $7 shipping canadian for 3 items.

The back of the blu-ray gatefold. View attachment 99282

Confirmed on menus the 2nd disc is three audio mixes. Below is what shows when played.
View attachment 99283
I find this a bit weird.
I got the DVD/BD from Amazon, 1 disc each, no CD's. I think I will lay this to rest and I think I have it figured out.
The weird thing I figure is the two Blu Ray set like madship has.
Blu Ray 1 plays stereo, 5.1, Atmos and Video the Blu ray 2 has the same with no video.
All I can assume is they added Blu Ray 2 for people who do not rip there discs, otherwise it makes no sense.
I'm sticking with my DVD/BD 2 disc combo for $26.00, can't seem to need another, except for picture booklet.
I looked on Burning Shed site and all the bigger sets are sold out anyway.

I find this a bit weird.
I got the DVD/BD from Amazon, 1 disc each, no CD's. I think I will lay this to rest and I think I have it figured out.
The weird thing I figure is the two Blu Ray set like madship has.
Blu Ray 1 plays stereo, 5.1, Atmos and Video the Blu ray 2 has the same with no video.
All I can assume is they added Blu Ray 2 for people who do not rip there discs, otherwise it makes no sense.
I'm sticking with my DVD/BD 2 disc combo for $26.00, can't seem to need another, except for picture booklet.
I looked on Burning Shed site and all the bigger sets are sold out anyway.
Where did you order your's from?

Now Amazon UK tell me that they don´t know when they are going to send me (booked on november and paid the same day that became to the shops).
Of course, at spanish Amazon are more expensive now.

Last edited:
Overall I like the video. Like the guy on Amazon said, not a big fan of distant shots with everyone holding a beer glass or phone up, but other than that, a few front row crowd shots here and there I have no problem with. Some of the background screen was OK, generally I find it distracting. (exception Last Chance to leave Earh Before it's Recycled)
As on the studio version I did not like the images so much, I thought they were a distraction and since I watch/listen on a pc I just shrink the PowerDVD display and move on to something else while listening. (studio version) But overall I like live filmed performances. Arriving Somewhere filmed in Chicago one of my favorite PT Live performances.
I did notice on the live version that Gavin looked like he felt a little rough and maybe Richard as well. I heard some had been sick prior to the concert so maybe that was it. But I must say everyone performed well. Gavin is to me THE best prog rock drummer.

Overall I like the video. Like the guy on Amazon said, not a big fan of distant shots with everyone holding a beer glass or phone up, but other than that, a few front row crowd shots here and there I have no problem with. Some of the background screen was OK, generally I find it distracting. (exception Last Chance to leave Earh Before it's Recycled)
As on the studio version I did not like the images so much, I thought they were a distraction and since I watch/listen on a pc I just shrink the PowerDVD display and move on to something else while listening. (studio version) But overall I like live filmed performances. Arriving Somewhere filmed in Chicago one of my favorite PT Live performances.
I did notice on the live version that Gavin looked like he felt a little rough and maybe Richard as well. I heard some had been sick prior to the concert so maybe that was it. But I must say everyone performed well. Gavin is to me THE best prog rock drummer.
I watched a small chunk of it last night as well. I think it's just fine, and it sure does crank. Wow!

Gavin plays and sounds like a total BEAST on this show.
If he was sick, that's even more bad-ass.

I've never been a big fan of audio only live performances - they have their place but for me the real treat is hearing and actually seeing a favorite band perform, particularly if you weren't able to attend a live show. Otherwise, I prefer to listen to the studio versions.

It's unfortunately true that many filmed rock concerts are guilty of excessive rapid cutting, too many audience reaction shots, and shaky cam effects, but I didn't think this was one of them. In any case, if the video offends you it's pretty easy to simply turn off your TV screen and listen to the audio. You don't need an extra disc boosting the overall cost to help you do that.

Arrived mine yesterday from french Amazon. BD+DVD edition of course. Almost 40 GB of good music and video.
I was a little dissapointed because not get any signed of the band (living in Málaga, Spain i think is a little hard to get one seeing them).
But anyway i will enjoy the show with my 5.1 system.

P.s. the Amazon order came with the dark side of the Moon bluray. Had good price.

Arrived mine yesterday from french Amazon. BD+DVD edition of course. Almost 40 GB of good music and video.
I was a little dissapointed because not get any signed of the band (living in Málaga, Spain i think is a little hard to get one seeing them).
But anyway i will enjoy the show with my 5.1 system.

P.s. the Amazon order came with the dark side of the Moon bluray. Had good price.
Hey, we were last week in Malaga, at the "VII Meeting of Spanish tourist guides", this year in Malaga. (My wife is tourist guide).

I've got the 4 disc box without removing the plastic yet. Still too busy ripping all the Camel box 32 discs.

Hey, we were last week in Malaga, at the "VII Meeting of Spanish tourist guides", this year in Malaga. (My wife is tourist guide).

I've got the 4 disc box without removing the plastic yet. Still too busy ripping all the Camel box 32 discs.
If planned to visit Málaga again, type me.
Enjoy the Camel boxset.
Sorry for offtopic.

Today, I watched the entire Porcupine Tree 'C/C -Live Concert.'
I was worried because of the amazon guy comments about the editing in short and shaky sequences, showing the audience and projections, with barely any shots of the musicians playing. I dont't like that either.

But this is not the case, if you watch it completely. It's true that it starts very energetically with 'Blackest Eyes' like in sync with the music. But throughout the concert, there is plenty of time to:
  • Appreciate how the musicians play, especially Gavin and Richard, besides, of course, Steven. The guitarist is also well appreciated sometimes, and the bassist less so.
  • Enjoy the atmosphere with close-up shots of the audience. It adds a lot to see the excitement of the audience singing the songs, knowing the lyrics by heart.
  • In general, the frenetic video editing usually complements the dynamics of the music. When the music is softer, the sequences are softer too.
I liked seeing that there are quite a few young people in the audience, not just older folks like me, as is usually the case in these prog concerts, at least in Spain.

I think it's a concert video that you can watch quite well, with a certain immersion, great sound quality, and a good Atmos mix that doesn't feel odd and enhances the audiovisual spectacle. And Steven's vocals is not located isolated in the Center Speaker, it is expanded in the Atmos "bubble".

I watched also the Bonus Documental. It is brief and they talk a little about the quality of their relationship and some personal tensions before and now after the hiatus of 12 years. Of course they don't mention Colin Edwin at all. The most important thing... it has English subtitles, essential for non-natives like me.

Back