Postal problems from the UK

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeJoy-less designated some regional hubs as "slow down" hubs. I don't know if this is still in effect but can essentially add a day to transit.
I used to ship pc parts all over the US, and 99% of the time the transit was 2 days Priority Mail.
Not so much these days.
It's a shame that it sometimes takes 3 days to get from the middle East coast of Florida to North Central Florida Priority Mail!!

Rant...

The US Postal Service is a real sore point for me right now. Delivery times of first class mail are so bad that I don't dare mail a check anymore. A fellow sent me a check from Des Plaines, Illinois and it took over two weeks to get here.

Worse yet: An income tax payment check to the IRS (USA's Internal Revenue Service) was stolen from the US mail system and deposited into a private account. Of course, the IRS sent a lovely note stating that we still owed them money plus penalties and interest. I try to do everything direct now via the internet.

Great job, Louis DeJoy-less. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

My understanding is, the USPS is the only Federal agency that can't operate at a loss, despite the services it provides. e.g. I get my medications via the mail, and so do many others. Then we have a board head destroying sorting machines, etc. An opportunist who would like to see the Postal system privatized so he can get another piece of the pie in his own business. (IMO)

Back