QuadBob Restored QRX-9001 on Ebay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadBob

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Ok, shameless plug time! ;)

Even though I won't be the one making the $$ off of it, it's about the most "advertising" I've ever done. And, with the link to here it will be interesting to see if we pick up some new membership too! :sun

Check it out:

Totally Restored Sansui QRX-9001

Just about everything you wanted to know on restoring a 9001!! :smack:

Holy cow! Good luck, hope these bidders realize what they are bidding on.

Nice write up. Bob, you can give my email addy to any prospective buyers if you like. I'd be happy to let them know what they would be getting.

"2.Sansui neglected to install pre-amplifier output/amplifier input RCA jacks on the QRX-*001 series receivers. But, this QRX-9001 has them by
deleting the AM antenna ball mount and installing 8 new RCA jacks in its place. This modification allows the owner to utilize higher powered
amplifiers if desired, or to connect the QRX-9001 into the discrete 5.1 inputs of a modern Home Theater amplifier while still retaining total volume,
balance, tone, and decoding control within the QRX-9001."

Dear Bob!
A fixed preamp-output is a great improvement, because you are able to operate with more power. I did the same with my QRX 7001 five years ago, thus I am able to use active powered studio monitors. Now the build in Qsd 2 sounds much better than if I would used the build in power amplifers.
I am very satisfied with the QRX X001 series Sansui and it is really worth keeping.
Timm

P.S.: Good look with selling your modified Sansui QRX 9001. In this condition it is really worth a lot. I hope other people will realize the value of your work!

Last edited:
Well, my first Ebay selling experience is now over! :D This might become as addictive as buying there!

And, where's that drumroll smiley :confused: .....................

The winner is our own new QQForum member.......Relayer! :brew

Who will now have the pleasure of surviving Winter in the Great White North while curled up in front of the first Restored QRX-9001 in Canada! :spot

So, all you other Canadians can just drop on over to Relayer's house to warm your hands over that toasty Sansui!! :sun

Just tell him QuadBob sent you! :woopie

The auction itself was interesting.......over 1200 "looks".......so there was plenty of advertising for both the QQ Forum and my own principles of "restoring" the QRX-9001. (y)

I think I did see a jump in our membership, and we even added another famous quadraphile from the past in the WizardofOhm! :cool:

Of course I got email inquiries.......but not near the number that I was almost "afraid" of. Most were serious questions by other Sansui QRX owners which was fine by me! :D

Now, we can just wait for Relayer to post his thoughts, as he'll be the fourth person to experience the "Holy Grail" CD-4 demodulator mods! :spot

Hi,

Just wanted to publicly announce that I've received my QRX-9001"QB" and it kicks ass! Happy, happy, happy am I.

Only a few days ago, I was convinced that my un-modified QRX-9001 was the absolute goods... but after hearing the QuadBob modified 9001, there is no comparison... everything else is mere parlour tricks!

It's wild... the huge leap in clarity, warmth, etc. that I so enjoyed when I moved from my old 5.1 setup to the unmodified 9001 has been repeated in the move from the stock 9001 to the 9001"QB". Who knew?

This is truly it.

I'll have more to say when I've given it the full run-though. Right now, I'm enjoying the amazing QS Atom Heart Mother and Dark Side... can't wait to check out the "Holy Grail" CD-4!

Back